kindle touch
what will happen if i reset the device
how about the jailbreak?
is the system restored to the first condition
DuSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I would assume any jailbreaking would be deleted along with any books that you have on the reader. I've never jail broken a kindle though so I can't be sure of that. If you had to upgrade the OS after you got it I would imagine you might have to re-install the upgrade as well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Palm M515, Palm VX, Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSign View Post
kindle touch
what will happen if i reset the device
If you mean a factory reset as opposed to merely rebooting, (which solves quite a few hiccups and leaves your Kindle as it was before), books you got from Amazon will now be in your archive folder and will need to be re-downloaded by connecting your kindle to WiFi, so will documents that you sent yourself to your using your KindleUserName@free.kindle.com or your kindle documents email address at KindleUserName@kindle.com. However, documents you have put on your Kindle using the USB cable will be gone. My Notes and Marks disappeared too, though I think there is an option somewhere to stop that happening.

If what you want to achieve, is a way to make a second-hand kindle usable by you so that you can keep the previous owner's books then you are probably out of luck for obvious reasons - you will have to de-register the Kindle first if the previous owner hasn't done so and get your own books.
evwool is offline   Reply With Quote