Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #91
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm very frugal and $5 is really hard for me pay for a book but this is my most favorite series of all times. I've been waiting for the day they go on sale. I'm just so happy I had the extra to get them.
I have a few already that I paid full price but now I have the entire series till 20 comes out in November.
My rule of thumb has always been if it's on my wish list and it's same price I would have paid used (50% off list) then it's a good enough deal, which makes this kind of sale very dangerous.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #92
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I think I'm going to hold off for a little bit to see if Amazon price matches some of what I want as some are Whispersync for Voice titles with good Audio prices if you own the Kindle version.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #93
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
My rule of thumb has always been if it's on my wish list and it's same price I would have paid used (50% off list) then it's a good enough deal, which makes this kind of sale very dangerous.
If I did that I would be very broke. I have prioritize.

Thrill Ride by Julie Ann Walker is part of the Sale $3.99 which isn't bad I paid like $4.61 with coupon at Kobo so much better deal. I should have waited.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #94
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I think I'm going to hold off for a little bit to see if Amazon price matches some of what I want as some are Whispersync for Voice titles with good Audio prices if you own the Kindle version.
Be sure to price report the ones you are waiting for. I've been doing that today alot.

I bought all but one from Amazon.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I hear that sister *fans self*... they had him soooo wrong (IMO) in the movie. Then again I didn't like Katherine Heigl as Stephanie and wasn't crazy about Jason O'Mara for Morelli. The only one I really liked was Grandma Mazur.

Anyway, I am so tempted to get the ebooks.... but like you $5 is hard for me to pay. And if I do I'll probably stay up all weekend rereading them all

Where is the will power when you need it?
I totally agree Ranger in the movie is all wrong. In Twelve Sharp Ranger is on the run and he's supposedly spotted at Point Pleasant. It turns out to be Ricky Martin. So I assume they look similar but Ranger is more built.

I like Heigl but I thought she made Stephanie look competent. I mean this is Steph we are talking about! She once put a horse in her apartment. She is no where near as cool as they made her in the movie. Jason O'Mara reminded me too much of a Mel Gibson copy cat. The facial expression and the way he acted. It was just too weird. Still I like the movie but it's nowhere near the book. Just think of it as an Alternative reality or something.

I don't think these books will be any cheaper then they are now. So now is the time to get them if you can. I've waited since January 2012 when I discovered the series. I have ratty paperbacks I got off ebay and now I've got timeless perfect copies. I read various snippets daily but that just so I can destress before bed.

Am I obsessed? Maybe...

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #96
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sqeeeeee! Okay I'm done!

All three Kellan Kyle Books are $3.99 at the Nook Store!

Price reporting Reckless to Amazon! It's yet to drop. Will let you know when it does.

Book Series order is
  1. Thoughtless
  2. Effortless
  3. Reckless
Reckless is at Amazon for 3.99 now, just grabbed it!

BTW, what movie are you guys talking about with Rangers?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #97
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
BTW, what movie are you guys talking about with Rangers?
Ranger, no S. They're talking about One for the Money which is based on the first book in the Stephanie Plum series. Ranger is a character played by Daniel Sunjata.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #98
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Free today from Amazon: A Winter Ballad by Barbara Samuel. First published by HarperTorch (1994)
That's an odd cover. I mean really - it's the tail-end of a horse...oh, yeah, and there's a guy sitting on the horse.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #99
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ranger, no S. They're talking about One for the Money which is based on the first book in the Stephanie Plum series. Ranger is a character played by Daniel Sunjata.
Ah, of course, makes sense now. Thank you for clarifying. I was distracted by my good book buys!

Blossom, couldn't wait, started Thoughtless as soon as I was done my current book!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #100
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I'm going to to give this one a try.

I expect the prices to hold through the weekend. Looks like Amazon is price matching a big Nook sale (I know right! A Nook sale, who'd a thunk?)
I hope you like it! I was so pleasantly surprised by this one.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #101
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It's free to watch on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Ranger is his street name. His real name is Ricardo Carlos Manoso. He was a Army Ranger so everyone calls him Ranger.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #102
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
That's an odd cover. I mean really - it's the tail-end of a horse...oh, yeah, and there's a guy sitting on the horse.
I'd never had notice if you hadn't pointed it out. That is well very strange and now I wonder if she is trying to tell us something about his personality?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #103
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Reckless is at Amazon for 3.99 now, just grabbed it!
Awesome! It's the best book out of the three.

Oh and Kellan Kyle has his own Facebook page.
After you finish the books it's kind of fun to read his posts.

Seems to be a growing trend that Authors roleplay their characters on Facebook.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:38 AM   #104
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

If you don't have your Books on Board purchases backed up be sure and do it ASAP. They've ceased operations (hopefully temporarily), but for now at least downloads are still available.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210088
Old 04-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #105
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
If you don't have your Books on Board purchases backed up be sure and do it ASAP. They've ceased operations (hopefully temporarily), but for now at least downloads are still available.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210088
Thanks for the heads up!

Many wont download I own from them but I downloaded all the ones I could just in case I forgot to backup one. I knew this was going to happen. If you remember I mentioned it in another Romance month thread.