Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Web Browser and Content Servers via Calibre an the Kobo Touch

Ok so just was reading the posts . PeterT had mentioned he was uisng Calibre as a content server and transfering books over. Not a bad way of doing things.I tried it and it works great. No problems other then the current cover issue.. ( i think the Calibre dudes are fixing that). I did notice it was fast. The KT picked up the download as soon as it was done, proccesed it and voila it was there...

The bad thing was KT kicked me back to home page even though i wanted to Transfer more books over.

So has anyone else used the web browser for content serving?
Are the KOBO dudes aware of the issue of going back to home page before we want to?
Are the books loaded to SD card or the main memory?
Can we choose at some point to send the book to memory location SD or main at some point?

any thoughts on this guys?

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote