Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #226
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyp535 View Post
And for the other thing I'll waiting for the next version :-)
If you need this feature urgently, please click here to update your Atlantis Word Processor. Just run the setup file, and follow the onscreen instructions.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #227
freecicero
freecicero began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have used AWP for over a year for my epubs and love it, but I want to add my voice that I am totally with Turtle91 on this request! I do much of my reading on Android tablets and phone and I bet a large part of the market uses similar devices! Thanks!
freecicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #228
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

I am not sure that understand what you mean. EPUB eBooks generated by Atlantis Word Processor, can be read on virtually any eReader device (including Android-based devices).
Old 04-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #229
awp
Addict

The first 3 videos on creating eBooks in Atlantis Word Processor:

Part 1 - Introduction:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...s_introduction

Part 2 - Adding cover images:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...g_cover_images

Part 3 - Adding tables of contents:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...es_of_contents

More videos to come.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #230
awp
Addict

Two more videos.

Part 4 – Tips on accessing the "Save as eBook" command:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...s_on_accessing

Part 5 – Previewing eBooks:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...oks_previewing
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #231
frank14612
Connoisseur
frank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glow-light
Problem: when I try to insert a Table of Contents in a 41-page document, with twenty 1- and 2-level headings, AWP crashes. Any ideas?
frank14612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #232
awp
Addict

Please email your document file to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #233
awp
Addict

Thanks for the document file.

I cannot reproduce the crash.

Could you please provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the error?

By the way, the document already contains a table of contents on page #1.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #234
frank14612
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
Thanks for the document file.
I cannot reproduce the crash.

Could you please provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the error?

By the way, the document already contains a table of contents on page #1.
Thank you for checking the file. I have since made many updates to it but I have not changed the headings structure, and when I tried to insert the TOC again today, I had the same result - a crash.

My method of reproducing the error is to delete the existing TOC, place the cursor at the head of the document, and Insert > Table of Contents. At that point there is the crash and appearance of the error message.

This is the error message that appears every time:
======================================
Error

Exception with message
"Access violation at 005491C5 in Atlantis.exe."
raised while executing sensitive operation. Document
"C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Atlantis\Documents\H ow to Convert 78s Using Audacity.doc" will be closed.

OK
======================================

To answer your question, yes I successfully inserted a TOC consisting of nine numbered Level 2 headings when I had only the nine topics created. The TOC insertion function worked fine up to that point.

Now, you will notice that there are three additional topic headings (#10, 11 and 12) that are not linked. I typed those in by hand after the time when the TOC insertion function refused to work.

I have tried the TOC insertion repeatedly, carefully following the detailed instructions in the Help, since I added new material to the document and sent it to you, but I have received the same crash and error message every time.

I realize that this document is full of illustrations, over 200, which may not be normal for an epub and may be pushing the limits. Could that be an unusual burden on the TOC-creating function?

Regardless of the information above, I think I will try to create a TOC by hand using bookmarks. I'll report back on that.

Thank you for your help!

Frank
Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #235
frank14612
Connoisseur

Success!

I tried the hand-created bookmarks technique, which failed.

Then I completely eradicated the existing, faulty TOC and ran the Insert > Table of Contents again, and this time it worked!

I've sent the resulting AWP and epub files to you as attachments to an e-mail.

Thank you for your help!

Frank
Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #236
awp
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank14612 View Post
My method of reproducing the error is to delete the existing TOC, place the cursor at the head of the document, and Insert > Table of Contents. At that point there is the crash and appearance of the error message.
I have tried everything I could think of. No crash. Everything works correctly. I might need more precise instructions, or possibly the problem is linked to your current settings of Atlantis Word Processor. Here is how you could send me your Atlantis settings:

1. Choose the "Tools | Options..." menu command of Atlantis.
2. Click "Save to File...", and save the settings to an .ini file.
3. Email that .ini file to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com

By the way, is your Atlantis up-to-date? Please choose the "Help | Check for Updates..." menu command of Atlantis.

It would be even better if you upgraded to the latest beta version of Atlantis. Please click here to upgrade. The beta is stable and safe to use. It will be soon released as a public version.

Quote:
I realize that this document is full of illustrations, over 200, which may not be normal for an epub and may be pushing the limits. Could that be an unusual burden on the TOC-creating function?
There is nothing wrong with your document. You can have much more complex TOCs in Atlantis. Regrettably I cannot say (yet) what triggers the problem in your system.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #237
awp
Addict

Quote:
Then I completely eradicated the existing, faulty TOC and ran the Insert > Table of Contents again, and this time it worked!
You do not need to re-insert a TOC after making a change to the document structure/headings. Just right-click the existing TOC, and choose the "Table of Contents > Update Entire Table" command from the menu.

Quote:
I've sent the resulting AWP and epub files to you as attachments to an e-mail.
Thanks, Frank. I have noticed a difference between the two versions of your document that you sent me. There was a manual "page break" character WITHIN the first heading paragraph of the "earlier version" of your document. If my memory serves me correctly, the "Insert TOC" command of older versions of Atlantis had problems with such headings.

In any case, please upgrade to the latest beta version (please see instructions in my previous post). If you still get errors, we will dig deeper.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #238
frank14612
Connoisseur

Quote:
. . . possibly the problem is linked to your current settings of Atlantis Word Processor.
As requested, attached is my Atlantis Tools > Options .ini file.
Quote:
. . . is your Atlantis up-to-date? <snip> It would be even better if you upgraded to the latest beta version of Atlantis.
As you suggested, I've downloaded and installed the new beta version of Atlantis.
Quote:
You do not need to re-insert a TOC after making a change to the document structure/headings. Just right-click the existing TOC, and choose the "Table of Contents > Update Entire Table" command from the menu.
Thank you for that tip!

To sum up: In short, no more errors! My book is complete. I don't see why anyone should use any other program(s) than AWP to create epubs. It's so easy! The learning curve for MS Word (before version 2007) users is almost negligible. In my estimation it's the only way to do epubs!

Thanks again!

Frank
Old 04-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #239
awp
Addict

Thanks for the INI file. Still no crash (on my system).

Quote:
As you suggested, I've downloaded and installed the new beta version of Atlantis.
Very good. Please let me know if you get any error.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #240
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have joined the users of AWP due in part to the discount price. I have been reading the manual and am impressed with the list of features present. In the discussion of testing the resulting ePub there is a mention of using mobipocket to test. Mobipocket could never read ePub although as one point the windows version could convert one. At any rate it is no longer available. You need to remove all references to mobipocket from the manual.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, epub