Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #166
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sorry for the siren song.
Do appreciate the pointer about pen, too bad it won't fit in required hole.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #167
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Thank you to all the addiction feeding enablers in this thread. Because of your glowing reviews (and the death of my old trusty flip phone) I am now the (shamefully) proud owner of a Galaxy Note.

I walked into the store, resolving only to replace my dead phone with something similar, when there it was. Stark and somehow beautiful like the Monolith in "2001". Normally, I would have passed by thinking "Wow, that's a big a$$ phone!", but you people have awoken a hunger deep within.

Fighting the craving, I stared mouth agape at the object of my new desire until the clerk arrived. The next few minutes are foggy, but I seem to recall someone yelling "I want, I want, I want" over and over again. When the fog cleared from my head, I was standing next to my car holding the Galaxy Note and the paperwork for a voice/data plan (a thing which I once swore I'd never voluntarily have).

So there you go. I now have a Galaxy Note, a data plan, fewer shekels, and a feeling of self loathing. I'm blaming you lot!

[5thWiggles scurries away to search out a case for the Precious. One with a belt clip because his hip is feeling decidedly naked. Also, he needs to find cut-price Minion Chow due to having fewer shekels.]

P.S. If you lose your pen, I can confirm that these (Watcom MP200) work. Just tried the ones I have as spare for my Pocket Edge.
Take Note, (Had to use that ), you are envied among men and women alike.

In fact you along with you precious have become a sex symbol.
Try pulling that out next time you are at a bar.

Size matters!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #168
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Size matters!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #169
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
It's ok, given enough time and self flagellation I'll feel clean again!

Now that I know that the "S Pen" is really just a Wacom Penabled stylus there are many available that are much more comfortable to use(more like a pen than a toothpick )

Quote:

Size matters!
Won't have to pull it out, just ordered one of these:

Just hope my wife doesn't catch me flashing my "Monolith" at other women!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #170
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I have this habit of skiming threads in reverse order, but whatever you DO NOT SKIM this thread in REVERSE order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Quote:

Size matters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post

Last edited by =X=; 07-20-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: fixed original text
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #171
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I have this habit of skiming threads in reverse order, but whatever you DO NOT SKIM this thread in REVERSE order
What can I say? I guess I have to quote Lady Gaga; "I was born this way".
Old 07-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #172
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
So, do you have a point, big guy?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #173
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
haha

just looking at other people's galaxy note gives me gadget envy
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #174
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROFL!!!

I'm sitting here laughing, catching up on this thread!

Congratulations, 5thWiggle!

I still want a Note. Told my Dad about them and he went and bought one! His first Android anything, first smartphone . . . . He uses it to "play" the stock market, keep up on baseball scores, and play jazz on Pandora. He's most impressed with its hands-free capabilities.

I'm jealous, but I think I'll wait and see what the new one looks like in October -- assuming there is a new one and it does come out then!

Meanwhile, thanks for all the insights and laughter!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #175
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
At this point, yeah it would be foolish to pick up a Note when the new one is around the corner.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #176
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
At this point, yeah it would be foolish to pick up a Note when the new one is around the corner.
A friend of mine has a Note and the greenish tint of the screen seems really obvious, especially when viewed at a slight angle rather than straight on. Are your notes' screens the same?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #177
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I don't have any problem with my screen, even watch 20 min sit-coms on it.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #178
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
A friend of mine has a Note and the greenish tint of the screen seems really obvious, especially when viewed at a slight angle rather than straight on. Are your notes' screens the same?
Uh... no. Some would say that it's a bit oversaturated, but that’s how I like it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #179
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
ROFL!!!

I'm sitting here laughing, catching up on this thread!

Congratulations, 5thWiggle!

I still want a Note. Told my Dad about them and he went and bought one! His first Android anything, first smartphone . . . . He uses it to "play" the stock market, keep up on baseball scores, and play jazz on Pandora. He's most impressed with its hands-free capabilities.

I'm jealous, but I think I'll wait and see what the new one looks like in October -- assuming there is a new one and it does come out then!

Meanwhile, thanks for all the insights and laughter!!
You Know you want one...
Plus you can use the same pens for your PE...
Handwriting recognition powered by DioTek...
C'mon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Price! It does what I want at a good speed for a good price (after I got some discounts for not upgrading my phone for such a long time). I doubt there is anything Samsung could add, barring direct neural interface, that would make me lust after the newest version so badly that I'd regret getting one now. Plus, I rarely live on the bleeding edge anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
No problems with mine. I get a greenish tint, but only at extreme angles. It's more viewable in sunlight than most LCD screens I've seen. Also, it's viewable in both portrait and landscape while wearing polarized sunglasses (it disappears around the 45 degree mark but looks good at 0 and 90 degrees).

Last edited by 5thWiggle; 07-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #180
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Got the latest update to ICS today.
You can now use the S-Pen and sign in on the phone. It can be your name or anything else you prefer.
Supposedly it also has Pop-up video, but I haven't been able to fin how you do it.
Battery life seems better, I now have some 85% Deep Sleep, before it was more like 65%.