Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
clockend1
clockend1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
PRS-T1 restart

Hi all,

I'm curious about something - every time I restart the prs-t1 from a powered off state, it asks me to re-enter the language, country, date and time.

Is there any way to get it to remember the entries so that I don't have to keep entering the details??

clockend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Pumpa
Enthusiast
Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have same problem with two readers ? Anyone could help ?
Hard reset, firmware reflash does not solve.
Pumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Pretty sure in these cases the reader is defective.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Certaily sounds like a hardware defect to me, too.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Don't do it....

You should only need to power off when not using it for over a week or so, not just a few days, and certainly not overnight etc....

The battery - and, I'm convinced, the software - tend to get into bad habits ............

Just let it do what you do - go to sleep.......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockend1 View Post
Hi all,

I'm curious about something - every time I restart the prs-t1 from a powered off state, it asks me to re-enter the language, country, date and time.

Is there any way to get it to remember the entries so that I don't have to keep entering the details??

Could it be in demo mode?
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #7
Pumpa
Enthusiast
Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

I think time settings are lost and then reader start menu to set language, etc. But all of this items are set correctly what i set before - except TIME. So i think time is the problem. Is there any internal second battery to hold time ?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #8
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Just into the blue:
Is it possible that the timezone is set different on a computer used to sideload and the T1? Thus may lead to an offset.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Possibly a problem with static ram.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Yes, I think "duff" is the word - go back to the retailer and shout....nicely if necessary.

Or you could try Sony.....................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
Pumpa
Enthusiast

in adb log (i dont remember exactly) but similiar to
W/SystemClock: Unable to set RTC clock : I/O error.
Problem is in RTC hw clock i think, but maybe software or hardware, i dont know.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
aitorpazos
aitorpazos began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Recreate /data FS

I've had this issue after applying some rooting patches. I've applied several of them and I can't write de complete history, but it's not very important in this case.

My problem was related with the fact that the partition mounted on /data was damaged, this is device /dev/block/mmcblk2p9.

The solition consist in recreate the filesystem on /dev/block/mmcblk2p9 with the following command:
Code:
busybox mkfs.ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk2p9
To execute this command you can use a root shell, "USB debugging" (Settings > Applications > Development)option in rooted devices and connect to it from your PC using "adb shell" from "Android SDK" or you can use rupor-rescue method to get a console and run the command.

Once executed, reboot the reader and prefs should be saved.
aitorpazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
You should only need to power off when not using it for over a week or so, not just a few days, and certainly not overnight etc....

The battery - and, I'm convinced, the software - tend to get into bad habits ............

Just let it do what you do - go to sleep.......
The machine will automatically switch it self of after 3 days of no use. I am not sure if you can prevent that happening. I have never had to input details again after power off so there must be a problem with the reader
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
There is no way to change or switch off the automatic power saving features without rooting...I agree with the consensus you likely have a defective reader, you could try a hard reset before going to the trouble of returning it..or .have you tried sony support ?
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #15
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
***Old Thread***

Read the date of the OP folks.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote