Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
stegro
stegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipedia

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Arrow script to generate collections

Hello everyone,

I have written a little Python script for myself and I thought I'd share it, maybe it is useful for someone.
https://github.com/stegro/sony-prst2-tools

This rather short script generates collections based on the folder structure below the books folder, by putting some entries into the sqlite database files.
See the usage message and README.md .

Since I only have a PRS-T2, I cannot test with any other devices. You are welcome to let me know, if it happens to work with anything else.

have fun
stegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Cool!

Can you add some screenshots to help illustrate how to lay out the Folders and the resulting collections on the Reader?
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
stegro
stegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipedia

sure, I added an example to the readme on github!
Old 01-03-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Great, looks useful!
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:15 AM   #5
stegro

you're welcome. Thanks to Sony using standard open software without obscuring things (it seems to me), making up for that missing feature is a fairly simple thing (and was probably done by others, too).

Thanks for the star
Advert
Old 01-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stegro View Post
This rather short script generates collections based on the folder structure below the books folder, by putting some entries into the sqlite database files.
Please excuse my nearly complete ignorance of all things Sony Reader, but does this require a "jailbroken" T2?

I can see where this could be extremely useful.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the star
I'm just starting to learn about this "karma button." For so many folks I've should have used this.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:54 AM   #8
stegro

No, no rooting/jailbreaking needed. I use it on an a PRS-T2 with original firmware version 1.0.03, but I suppose it does not matter which one.

Last edited by stegro; 01-05-2018 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:58 AM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
No, no rooting/jailbreaking needed. I use it on an a PRS-T2 with original firmware version 1.0.03, but I suppose it does not matter which one.
Okay. Thank you. Once I get my books "collected" the way I like them on the computer, I'll try this script. Looks very useful.

Again, thanks!