Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
shariwarnick
shariwarnick began at the beginning.

Device: ibook
epub errors when publishing with iTunes Publisher

I am trying to upload my epub file, and I get the error message, and this package summary. I really don't know what all this means--what I need to go in and change in my file to get it to work the next time.

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
/Users/shariwarnick/Music/iTunes Producer/Playlists/9780983576204.itmsp - Error Messages:
Apple's web service operation was not successful
Unable to authenticate the package: 9780983576204.itmsp
ERROR ITMS-9000: "Unmanifested file found : Insights.epub:/OEBPS/Fonts/AGaramondPro-Regular.otf" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
ERROR ITMS-9000: "attribute "compression" from namespace "http://ns.adobe.com/digitaleditions/enc" not allowed at this point; ignored" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Someone there to help me decipher?

Shari
shariwarnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Hi Shari. Welcome to MR. At a guess I'd say you have an embedded font (AGaramondPro-Regular) that is not listed in the manifest of the OPF file and possibly have accidentally compressed your mimetype file when zipping the package. I haven't uploaded to Apple yet. Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it either.
I hope someone with better knowledge can point you in the right direction. Good luck and if you find your answer please post back here so others can learn as well.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Well the other bit is that you are trying to embed a font. I don't think this will work (for iBooks)
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Well the other bit is that you are trying to embed a font. I don't think this will work (for iBooks)
Here's how to embed a font in an ePub for iBooks.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Cool, Liz finally found a way to get it to work.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebup error, error code, itunes producer