Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-23-2019, 05:25 PM   #421
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Well, it’s not really fair to expect decades old product to be priced at the original prices, is it? The standard in digital comics has generally been same price as print on release, but then down to $1.99 after a few months. Old stuff being newly digitized starts at $1.99, and some older and young reader titles are regular price of 99 cents. DC and Marvel have line-wide half price sales a few times per year at least, so the 99 cent threshold for old stuff is always there. You can sign up for emails and get twice weekly emails with all the sales.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #422
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Well, it’s not really fair to expect decades old product to be priced at the original prices, is it? The standard in digital comics has generally been same price as print on release, but then down to $1.99 after a few months. Old stuff being newly digitized starts at $1.99, and some older and young reader titles are regular price of 99 cents. DC and Marvel have line-wide half price sales a few times per year at least, so the 99 cent threshold for old stuff is always there. You can sign up for emails and get twice weekly emails with all the sales.
It's not that I expect decades old product to be priced as it originally was. Just price them at $0.99. Even that, I'm not really expecting. But it would make me much more likely to impulse buy.

I do wish both Amazon and ComiXology would take a page from GOG.com and email you when items on your wishlist are on sale. I would use it a lot more if they did.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 07-23-2019 at 06:00 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2019, 06:44 PM   #423
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
It's not that I expect decades old product to be priced as it originally was. Just price them at $0.99. Even that, I'm not really expecting. But it would make me much more likely to impulse buy.
I expect publishers figured they can make more money by going with $1.99 standard back issue pricing coupled with half off/$0.99 sales.

I've actually noticed this on clothing in some stores. There are more people browsing (and probably buying) when items are marked, say, 50% off $40 = $20 than when the exact same item is simply $20 non-discounted standard price.

Quote:
I do wish both Amazon and ComiXology would take a page from GOG.com and email you when items on your wishlist are on sale. I would use it a lot more if they did.
That would certainly be convenient. I'd love to have a feature like that.

There are usually line-wide sales during SDCC, NYCC and Thanksgiving/Cyber Monday so I just make a point of checking my wish lists then.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:37 PM   #424
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To correct my derailing of the thread:

Marvels: The Remastered Edition is on sale for $2.99

This is the complete collection, issues 0-4.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #425
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
To correct my derailing of the thread:

Marvels: The Remastered Edition is on sale for $2.99

This is the complete collection, issues 0-4.
It was good discussion, comic prices and bargain hunting are exactly what this thread is!

I highly recommend the series Marvels for any comic book fan. It’s probably best to have at least a passing knowledge of Marvel comics, but would probably be enjoyable to anyone who is familiar with superheroes at all. If you’ve already read Marvels, you might want to wait for their recently released Marvels Annotated to be collected and put on sale.
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #426
TrevorViking
Wizard

And that reminds me of another frustrating aspect of Comixology. For a few series, Marvels among them, when the series is updated/remastered, the old series no longer shows up in the store. My older version of Marvels shows up in my library, but that’s a few extra clicks to check. If I just searched the store, I’d think that I never bought the series and potentially re-buy it.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #427
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
And that reminds me of another frustrating aspect of Comixology. For a few series, Marvels among them, when the series is updated/remastered, the old series no longer shows up in the store. My older version of Marvels shows up in my library, but that’s a few extra clicks to check. If I just searched the store, I’d think that I never bought the series and potentially re-buy it.
Is it a feature or a bug? I'm guessing it doesn't hurt ComiXology's bottom line

Quote:
I highly recommend the series Marvels for any comic book fan. It’s probably best to have at least a passing knowledge of Marvel comics, but would probably be enjoyable to anyone who is familiar with superheroes at all. If you’ve already read Marvels, you might want to wait for their recently released Marvels Annotated to be collected and put on sale.
Speaking of frustrating, they've just released Marvels: Epilogue. Reteaming Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross for a 16 page follow-up story about the 'new' X-Men of the 1970's. Hey, that's cool. But it's also sold separately as a $4.99 book. It should be included in the collected Marvels.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #428
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Incidentally, if you enjoyed Marvels, you should check out Kurt Busiek's other GREAT superhero series: Astro City. I don't care for superheroes myself, but Astro City has been excellent for years.

There's no singular main character. Rather, the city is the main character and most issues are stand alone, or arcs that last a few issues.

The first issue is FREE at ComiXology.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #429
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Alan Moore and David Lloyd's V for Vendetta is on sale for $5.99 at Amazon US and ComiXology.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #430
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Wrong thread
Old 09-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #431
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

There's a number of graphic novels on sale at ComiXology. I've linked to two that seem to be a good deal to me. They're both DC, but there's lots of others on sale.

Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons is $5.99 (reg. $12.99)
The New Frontier (Complete) by Darwyn Cooke is $5.99 (reg. $24.99)
Old 09-12-2019, 07:10 AM   #432
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Not sure if this is the right place for this but Humble Bundle is doing Bloom County. $1.00 for four books, $8.00 for the 4 plus five more, $15.00 for the nine plus six more. DRM-free, multi -format -- PDF, CBZ, and ePub.

humblebundle.com/books/bloom-county-books
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #433
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
If you go for the highest tier you're basically getting everything Bloom County related that Breathed has ever created.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #434
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for this but Humble Bundle is doing Bloom County. $1.00 for four books, $8.00 for the 4 plus five more, $15.00 for the nine plus six more. DRM-free, multi -format -- PDF, CBZ, and ePub.

humblebundle.com/books/bloom-county-books
Hey, that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
If you go for the highest tier you're basically getting everything Bloom County related that Breathed has ever created.
I don't do the Humble Bundles much. The top tier for this one is $15 (or more) right?
Old 09-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #435
TrevorViking
Wizard

Yep, $15 for 15 Breathed collections, pretty much everything ever printed Bloom County related. Amazing deal.