Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #316
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's for:

Humble Comics Bundle The Best of Fantagraphics, chock-full of excellent creator-owned selections from the quality publisher.

Fixed tiers of $1, $8, and $15 (no new titles added next week). This has a nice selection of newer and “classic” stuff, such as vintage Krazy Kat, Peanuts, Robert Crumb, as well as Gilbert & Jaime Hernandez and others.
Excellent! Worth the $15 for Los Bros Hernandez alone. The Richard Sala book is a nice plus.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #317
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why does Amazon not price match between ComiXology and themselves?

I just purchased I... Vampire!, which is listed at $19.99 on ComiXology (I think it was listed at $24.99 at one point), but is $14.04 on Amazon. Creature Commandos is $12.99 on ComiXology, but is $9.99 on Amazon.

I sign in to ComiXology with my Amazon account. If you buy on Amazon, it shows up in your ComiXology library. The price difference is just odd.
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 02:04 PM   #318
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia

Humble Comics Bundle Transformers vs G.I. Joe presented by IDW, chock-full of officially licensed comics for both popular franchises.

Fixed tiers of $1, 8, $15, $20, and $25, with what looks like a pretty extensive selection of TPB-equivalent volumes for various long-running story arcs. There's probably a bunch of repeats from previous HBs, but even at the top tier, considering what these things regularly cost, it's probably still good value for money even if you're only missing a handful.

Quote:
A Real Bundle Hero. Yo Joe! We've got a prime new bundle for you, and it's more than meets the eye. This IDW spectacular features BOTH G.I. Joe and Transformers comics from our friends at IDW Publishing. You can even get volumes from the IDW Collection, which transform the comics into easy chronological order so you can catch up and roll out!

And now you know – and knowing is half the battle.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #319
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Why does Amazon not price match between ComiXology and themselves?

I just purchased I... Vampire!, which is listed at $19.99 on ComiXology (I think it was listed at $24.99 at one point), but is $14.04 on Amazon. Creature Commandos is $12.99 on ComiXology, but is $9.99 on Amazon.

I sign in to ComiXology with my Amazon account. If you buy on Amazon, it shows up in your ComiXology library. The price difference is just odd.
Yeah, it's odd.

You probably know this and just don't care, but DC and Marvel have multiple halfprice sales throughout the year.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #320
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
You probably know this and just don't care, but DC and Marvel have multiple halfprice sales throughout the year.
Yeah, I missed the mega Marvel sale a few months back and wound up buying the two Invaders books at full (Amazon) price. In fact, seeing the price difference on those books is when I first noticed that Amazon and ComiXology sometimes have different prices for the same book. ($15.00 on Amazon, $29.99 on ComiXology!)

When I buy on Amazon, it shows up in my ComiXology library (sweet!), but ComiXology isn't smart enough to remove it from my wishlist (bummer!)

Last edited by ZodWallop; 08-17-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #321
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yeah, I missed the mega Marvel sale a few months back and wound up buying the two Invaders books at full (Amazon) price. In fact, seeing the price difference on those books is when I first noticed that Amazon and ComiXology sometimes have different prices for the same book. ($15.00 on Amazon, $29.99 on ComiXology!)

When I buy on Amazon, it shows up in my ComiXology library (sweet!), but ComiXology isn't smart enough to remove it from my wishlist (bummer!)
It'd be nice if there was more seamless blending of Comixology and Amazon pricing and wishlists and cross-pollination of purchases, but I guess what they have is a good start. It's nice to be able to use Amazon free shipping credits to get Kindle/Comixology books for free. I try to be careful and never buy Kindle comics unless they're marked with that Comixology symbol, my brain already forgets what I have in Humble Andrew groupees bundles, I don't need another place where I could buy the same thing multiple times.

Yep, that one mega sale was gloriously weird, but they two or three B1G1 free sales every year consistently on Comixology, so if you can wait you can easily average a buck or less an issue.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #322
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Humble Comics Bundle Battlestar Galactica presented by Dynamite, full of official tie-in titles for the popular long-running TV show.

Fixed tiers of $1, $8, $15 (no new titles added next week). A lot of single issues in this, but also some TPB vols and an omnibus, and I don't seem to recall seeing BSG stuff offered in previous bundles, so this looks to be very good value for money if you're a fan.

Quote:
This bundle is coming in hot. Dynamite Entertainment is here with a complete library of frakkin' epic Battlestar Galactica comics! You'll get both classic and new stories to enjoy, and best of all, it only costs a few cubits. Grab the bundle now – this hasn't happened before, and probably won't happen again.
Last week's Humble Comics Bundle Transformers vs G.I. Joe presented by IDW is also still available.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:05 PM   #323
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

I bought Tex: The Lonesome Rider (a western graphic novel illustrated by the great Joe Kubert. $20 on ComiXology, $5 on Amazon!) and Amazon sent me an email allowing me to chose a free Marvel graphic novel. Here's the link listing the free choices. Not sure if it will work: https://www.amazon.com/comicspromo

The thing is, Tex isn't published by Marvel. I'm not sure what the criteria was that earned me the free book. I just purchased StarSlayer from Amazon. I doubt I'll get a second free book, but fingers crossed.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #324
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Snoopy the Sportsman - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YO78SC2
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:46 AM   #325
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Detective Comics (1937-) #27 - free
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMOV0F2/

Free Comic Book Day 2010: Archie's Summer Splash - free
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012HDMV9K/

With the Detective Comics "purchase," I also received a free Marvel comic from a choice of 75. That will expire October 22.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #326
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

With the Detective Comics "purchase," I also received a free Marvel comic from a choice of 75. That will expire October 22.
The 1-click buy shows the full price - is there a trick to using the credit?

Thanks...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #327
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
The 1-click buy shows the full price - is there a trick to using the credit?

Thanks...
Are you talking about an offer similar to the one I mentioned above (in post 323)? If so, you just purchase the book and the credit is applied. I bought Marvels. It showed full price while browsing for me too.

I have no interest in Detective 27, but I 'bought' it to see if I would get another free Marvel book (my prediction is: no).

Last edited by ZodWallop; 09-12-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:09 PM   #328
ATDrake
Wizzard

X-link to the DRM-free thread for a new Groupees bundle:

eigoManga from the eponymous US-based publisher (Wikipedia) which has been doing original publications in a Japanese-influenced style since 2000, contains a mix of Amerimanga in various genres, video games, and short films, for a low cost if you've ever wanted to try them out.

Also, when I did Add All to Cart from Comixology's Free Comics page, I got a new Captain Britain and MI-6 #1 and Mister Miracle #1 Extended Preview which apparently has exclusive bonus pages.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #329
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
Do you like to purchase single issues or collections depending on cost? Or do you prefer to stick to one or the other?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:11 PM   #330
TrevorViking
Wizard

Amazon is having their amazing Marvel collection kindle/comixology-compliant sale again. Every Marvel collection is about 80-90% off.