Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-06-2017, 08:08 AM   #301
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
Not only that, but today -- after buying a couple Marvel digital graphic novels -- I received the following email:

I had thought the promo was only applicable to hardcover/paperback graphic novel purchases, but apparently not.

Cool, thanks for posting this.

Apparently, I earned this promo a month ago on one of their normal weekly $2.99 graphic novel sales. Of course, since then I've bought pretty much all the comics, but maybe I'll find something in that list....
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #302
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's a nice-looking one for:

Humble Comics Bundle Eisner Nominees 2017 Showcase, chock full of Exactly What It Says In The Title.

Fixed tiers of $1, $8, and $15 (no new titles added next week). A bit light, with a number of single issues in here, but also a few collections and GNs, with popular franchises such as Archie Comics and the Valiant Universe represented, and a rather nifty-looking anthology of new work by Spanish cartoonists.

Quote:
All Eisners are on you! Every comic in this bundle is nominated for a 2017 Eisner Award, for the best new series, interior art, writer, one-shot, anthology, and lots more! Go ahead – sit down with a cup of coffee and check out some of the best comics the year has to offer. Whatever happens, they're all winners in our hearts.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2017, 11:55 PM   #303
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
All these killer deals on Marvel stuff, and what I'm interested in (The Invaders) is 'only' fifty percent off. Where's my super deal?

I've only bought comics from ComiXology. If I buy from Amazon, will it show up in my ComiXology library? (I assume no.)

Can I download them with Kindle For PC? If so, how do you Alf them?
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:05 AM   #304
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
All these killer deals on Marvel stuff, and what I'm interested in (The Invaders) is 'only' fifty percent off. Where's my super deal?

I've only bought comics from ComiXology. If I buy from Amazon, will it show up in my ComiXology library? (I assume no.)

Can I download them with Kindle For PC? If so, how do you Alf them?
You missed it. Every Marvel book was 80-90% off, but now it's back to normal pricing, which is often 50% off.

Most Kindle mainstream comics are now also Comixology compliant. They are clearly marked so on each product page. If you don't see the Comixology symbol on the kindle item page, then it's kindle only. If you see the Comixology symbol, then the book instantly goes to both of your digital libraries, Kindle and Comixology.

The Alf books aren't available yet.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #305
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
You missed it. Every Marvel book was 80-90% off, but now it's back to normal pricing, which is often 50% off.

Most Kindle mainstream comics are now also Comixology compliant. They are clearly marked so on each product page. If you don't see the Comixology symbol on the kindle item page, then it's kindle only. If you see the Comixology symbol, then the book instantly goes to both of your digital libraries, Kindle and Comixology.

The Alf books aren't available yet.
I think we are talking about different Alfs...
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #306
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Humble Bundle is up, and it's for:

Humble Comics Bundle Best of BOOM! Studios, chock full of offerings from the eponymous publisher.

For fans of horror author Clive Barker, or the TV series Sons of Anarchy, Sleepy Hollow, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe, there are a number of tie-in/adaptation titles included, as well as BOOM!'s popular original works such as Lumberjanes.

Fixed tiers of $1, $8, and $15 (no new titles added next week). A number of them are repeats, since there've been a couple of BOOM HBs in past years, but there's also a nice-looking selection of newer stuff and continued volumes of series offered previously, and of course if you missed out on the last few, it's a very good getting-started deal.

Quote:
Big bada BOOM! Lumberjanes? Steven Universe? Don't mind if we do. Bravest Warriors? Bee & Puppycat? Bring it on. This bundle from our friends at BOOM! Studios collects some of the best comics they've ever published. No matter which title you pick first, you can't go wrong.
And of course, last week's Humble Comics Bundle 2017 Eisner Nominees Showcase, chock-full of an excellently varied spread of titles up for the eponymous awards, is still available for a limited time.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #307
TrevorViking
Wizard

Fwiw, on the almost weekly sales from DC on Comixology, you might not want to buy them on Comixology proper.

You can buy them in the DC app and use your discounted iTunes credit (should be easy to always find 10-20% discount on iTunes cards), and the books appear in your Comixology account as well.

You can buy them on the Kindle store for the same sale prices and get them in both your Kindle and Comixology accounts.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #308
ATDrake
Wizzard

Humble Manga Bundle Fairy Tale presented by Kodansha Comics containing volumes of the popular comedic fantasy adventure series (Wikipedia) by artist Hiro Mashima (Wikipedia), which is the basis of the eponymous popular anime. This contains volumes of the main series and assorted spin-offs, and seems really good value for money if you like it, at 45 volumes included.

Fixed tiers of $1 (includes a coupon for a FUNimation streaming anime subscription discount), $8, $15, and $17 (no new titles added next week), with some previously-unreleased exclusive offerings at the top tier.

Quote:
Once upon a bundle. We've teamed up with Kodansha Comics for a new manga bundle! Now, you can get a virtual dragon's hoard of manga, starting with 45 volumes of the acclaimed series Fairy Tail. Other treasures await, too, including the brand new, Humble-exclusive comics Fairy Tail: Swimsuit Issue and The Fairies' Booby Prizes. And they read happily ever after!
Just a reminder that last week's Humble Comics Bundle Best of BOOM! Studios is still available as well.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #309
TrevorViking
Wizard

Free digital copies of Marvel Comics' ResurrXion #1s including Cable, Generation X, Iceman, Jean Grey, Weapon X, X-Men: Blue, & X-Men: Gold

Enter code: ICEMAN
http://www.marvel.com/redeem/
Old 06-25-2017, 12:57 AM   #310
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Not your ordinary comic book.

It's called "Theft! A History of Music" By James Boyle, et al. Publication date 2017. It's free from unglue.it, through a "Creative Commons license." Amazon sells it. Unfortunately, the only format that this one comes in at unglue.it is PDF.

There are more than a gazillion free ebooks out there--free for various reasons--from being open access to having their copyrights to have expired. Unglue.it features a different free book all of the time, although not usually a different book from one day to another. There are also a handful of other free ebooks always below the featured book of the day, that are easy to miss.

The book description, from unglue.it
This comic lays out 2000 years of musical history. A neglected part of musical history. Again and again there have been attempts to police music; to restrict borrowing and cultural cross-fertilization. But music builds on itself. To those who think that mash-ups and sampling started with YouTube or the DJ’s turntables, it might be shocking to find that musicians have been borrowing—extensively borrowing—from each other since music began. Then why try to stop that process? The reasons varied. Philosophy, religion, politics, race—again and again, race—and law. And because music affects us so deeply, those struggles were passionate ones. They still are.

The history in this book runs from Plato to Blurred Lines and beyond. You will read about the Holy Roman Empire’s attempts to standardize religious music with the first great musical technology (notation) and the inevitable backfire of that attempt. You will read about troubadours and church composers, swapping tunes (and remarkably profane lyrics), changing both religion and music in the process. You will see diatribes against jazz for corrupting musical culture, against rock and roll for breaching the color-line. You will learn about the lawsuits that, surprisingly, shaped rap. You will read the story of some of music’s iconoclasts—from Handel and Beethoven to Robert Johnson, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Ray Charles, the British Invasion and Public Enemy.To understand this history fully, one has to roam wider still—into musical technologies from notation to the sample deck, aesthetics, the incentive systems that got musicians paid, and law’s 250 year struggle to assimilate music, without destroying it in the process. Would jazz, soul or rock and roll be legal if they were reinvented today? We are not sure. Which as you will read, is profoundly worrying because today, more than ever, we need the arts.

This comic book may be a way for peeps who only read comic books to actually . . . *gasp* . . . learn something. I may even read it myself, even though I gave comic books up when I was about seven years ago, which was about 20 years ago.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-25-2017 at 01:14 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #311
ATDrake
Wizzard

X-link to the DRM-free thread for the new Humble Bundle:

Humble Comics Bundle Jack Kirby & Will Eisner Centennial Celebration contains assorted comics and graphic novels by the pioneering creators, as well as prose history and tribute books and magazine issues exploring their works and legacy, contributed by Dark Horse, Dynamite, Fantagraphics, Image, and TwoMorrows.

This is an excellent bundle for aficionados of their work, or even just readers interested in North American comic book history.

Also, I got a bunch of new-to-me issues when doing Add All to Cart from Comixology's Free Comics page, including some genuine 2017 FCBD stuff, and a few more Marvel #1s.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #312
TrevorViking
Wizard

Freebies have cycled.
https://www.comixology.com/Free-Comics/page/175
Old 07-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #313
TrevorViking
Wizard

A couple of the daily freebies looks pretty fun; Snickers and KFC books, both DC.
https://discountcomicbookservice.com...om/free-comics

The monthly freebies from Marvel have cycled, so you might get at least 4 new books by hitting "add all" here.
https://discountcomicbookservice.com...omics/page/175

Huge new Marvel sale
https://discountcomicbookservice.com...ale/page/15640

includes something slightly unique, or at least pretty quick to hitting a sale. The deluxe versions of the Monsters Unleashed mini-series include bonus material of all the pages in pencils, inks, and colors. So each of the five issues are about 100 pages and 99 cents.
https://discountcomicbookservice.com...s-series/84655
Old 07-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #314
Kacetwo
Connoisseur
Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader
Looks like Quantum and Woody 1 is free at present https://www.comixology.co.uk/Quantum...QvbGlzdDE4Mzg3
Kacetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #315
ATDrake
Wizzard

Humble Comics Bundle The Best of Fantagraphics, chock-full of excellent creator-owned selections from the quality publisher.

Fixed tiers of $1, $8, and $15 (no new titles added next week). This has a nice selection of newer and “classic” stuff, such as vintage Krazy Kat, Peanuts, Robert Crumb, as well as Gilbert & Jaime Hernandez and others.

Quote:
Fantastic Fantagraphics. The comics publisher is back at Humble with a selection of some of their best work over the years. Grab Peanuts, Love & Rockets, Krazy & Ignatz, and lots more!
Also potentially of interest, last week's non-fiction Humble Book Bundle Fandom & Philosophy presented by Wiley-Blackwell, containing pop culture explorations of franchises including Superman, Iron Man, the X-Men, Watchmen, and more.

Groupees is offering the Dynamite Game of Thrones Bundle which actually only contains 4 actual Game of Thrones comics issues, for some reason, preferring to offer much more in the way of Red Sonja and Army of Darkness and even Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and other licensees.

Fixed tiers of $5, $10, and $20 (an interesting-looking dragon artbook at this level), with bonus tiers for exclusive physical merchandise. Much of it seems to be repeats from previous Dynamite bundles across assorted venues, but there does look to be a reasonably substantial number of newly-offered items.