Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 01:26 PM   #151
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamedi View Post
version 0.6.7 not work...
I've attached a new version to the first post. Hopefully, this'll fix your problem.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 04:23 PM   #152
hamedi
hamedi began at the beginning.

Device: PW7
tested version 0.6.8, its work great!
many thanks!
hamedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2022, 12:51 AM   #153
troubledMan
Connoisseur
troubledMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Hi Doitsu,

I installed the newest version (0.6.8) after found some errors in the previous one. After some successful times, today I've seen the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 142, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "/Users/*****/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/KindleGenQt/plugin.py", line 745, in run
if dc_identifier.startswith('urn'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

So I uninstall both versions and erased their preference files. Then I reinstall version 0.6.8, but I found the same error message. I've also installed version 0.5.5 and, ¡eureka! it functions as it should (well, sort of: I needed to write the path to kindlegen executable in my system). Although I can get the azw3 from the epub file as usual, I'd like to use the 0.6.8 version: it allows to write the true ASIN so adding a fake one isn't necessary anymore.

[
macOS 12.4
Sigil 1.9.10
kindlegen V2.9 build 0000-kdevbld
]
troubledMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:05 AM   #154
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledMan View Post
I installed the newest version (0.6.8) after found some errors in the previous one. After some successful times, today I've seen the following:
This error will be displayed if the .opf file in your book contains empty <dc:identifier> tags. For example:

Code:
<dc:identifier></dc:identifier>
or

Code:
<dc:identifier />
I'll add a check for this in the next version. In the meantime, simply delete these empty entries before running the plugin.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:24 AM   #155
troubledMan
Connoisseur

Solved. Thank you very much!
Advert
Old 08-25-2022, 10:16 AM   #156
troubledMan
Connoisseur

Hi Doitsu,

Today I've noticed that using the last version of KindleGen (KindleGenQt version 0.6.8) makes the resulting azw3 been recognized by my Kindle Voyage as "doc", not as "book", when it is side downloaded.

Is this as intended or is a bug?

Thank you
Old 08-25-2022, 04:49 PM   #157
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledMan View Post
Today I've noticed that using the last version of KindleGen (KindleGenQt version 0.6.8) makes the resulting azw3 been recognized by my Kindle Voyage as "doc", not as "book", when it is side downloaded.
By default, the plugin will only add an EBOK metadata entry, if you add a real or fake ASIN. If you want to mark an ebook as a book, make sure that both the Add Asin and AZW3 options are checked.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:18 AM   #158
troubledMan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
..., make sure that both the Add Asin and AZW3 options are checked.
This! I thought that specifying the ASIN was enough... My fault.

Thank you.
Old 10-06-2022, 05:51 PM   #159
hamedi

Hi all!

- macOS 10.15.7
- Sigil 1.9.20 installed in "Applications" folder
- Kindle Previewer 3.67.0 installed in "Applications" folder
- KindleGenQt 0.6.8 (checked "Use Bundle Python")
- jhowell's Calibre KFX Output plugin 1.64.0

What do i need to do to generate KFX files using Sigil? How and where to install KFX Output plugin? Or is it still necessary to install the Calibre for this?

Many thanks for answers!
Old 10-06-2022, 06:02 PM   #160
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You will need to use calibre.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:07 PM   #161
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I know of no KFX output plugins for Sigil. If there is one, the author doesn't use these forums to advertise it.

What's KindleGenQt? You mentioned a Sigil plugin setting, but if that's a Sigil plugin, it must be another hedge plugin.

Never mind, I see that's what Doitsu has named the newest version of his Sigil plugin.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-06-2022 at 06:10 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 02:17 AM   #162
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamedi View Post
What do i need to do to generate KFX files using Sigil? How and where to install KFX Output plugin? Or is it still necessary to install the Calibre for this?
In order to generate KFX files, you'll need install Calibre, the Calibre KFX output plugin and KindlePreviewer.
If KFX output works in Calibre, you should be able to generate .kfx files with my KindleGen plugin.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:26 AM   #163
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FWIW, it is on my long term to-do list to make a python library to replace jhowells KFX Output plugin's use of calibre specific modules. That way it would be completely stand alone and could be integrated into a Sigil plugin and other software (ie. KindleUnpack). I just haven't had time to do that yet.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:49 AM   #164
hamedi

Thanks all for answers!
Old 07-21-2023, 06:59 PM   #165
Interrobang
Oracle Pig Keeper
Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Interrobang , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Tab
Hi @Doitsu,

Great job on this plugin, and supporting it after all these years!

I just tried using v0.6.8 along with Kindle Previewer v3.72.0. I get no errors when generating either the dual mobi/azw3 or single azw3 file, but when I try to open the resulting file in KP I get this error:

Code:
Kindle Previewer does not support this file, which has either been created using an older
version of KindleGen or a third party application. We recommend using EPUB or DOCX
format directly for previewing and publishing your book on Kindle.
I've tried generating the output with no options, just ASIN, and ASIN + AZW3, same error. Any idea why KP can't open a file that was created with kindlegen from the same folder?

I haven't tried side-loading the file on a kindle yet. I wanted to avoid that sneakernet by just using Kindle Previewer instead.

Thanks
Interrobang is offline   Reply With Quote