Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #661
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
Just heard on Facebook that Harlequin author Joan Hohl passed.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #662
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
Marriage Material by Barbara Samuel (aka Ruth Wind) is free at Kobo but $0.99 at Amazon

Kobo

Quote:
Lance Forrest was the sexiest thing Tamara Flynn had ever laid eyes on. Once, he'd hightailed it out of Red Creek, Colorado, on his wild reputation, leaving behind a string of broken hearts and a son he never knew about. A son Tamara raised as her own.

When he walked back into her life five years later, Tamara knew she could no longer deny Lance the knowledge of his son, or the joy of his company. But the more time the three of them spent together, the more Lance started to feel like family. Tamara had always thought Lance and marriage didn't mix... until now.

Previously pubbed by Harlequin/Silhouette Special Edition
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #663
Hemmi
Wizard
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3,T2,T1, PRS900, 700, 650, Nook HD, HD+, ST Glowlight, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Just heard on Facebook that Harlequin author Joan Hohl passed.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Oh, I used to love her stuff! I think I still have a couple around here because I just couldn't get rid of them in my big Harlequin purge of a few years back.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:00 AM   #664
worktolive
Fanatic
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Just noticed two books on sale for $0.99 that I've read and enjoyed.

Sweet Disorder, historical romance by Rose Lerner

Spoiler:
Campaigning has never been sweeter...

Prickly newspaperman’s widow Phoebe Sparks has vowed never to marry again. Unfortunately, the election in Lively St. Lemeston is hotly contested, and the little town’s charter gives Phoebe the right to make her husband a voter—if she had one.

The Honorable Nicholas Dymond has vowed never to get involved in his family's aristocratic politicking. But now his army career is over for good, his leg and his self-confidence both shattered in the war. Helping his little brother win an election could be just what the doctor ordered.

So Nick decamps to the country, under strict orders to marry Phoebe off to somebody before the polls open. He’s intrigued by the lovely widow from the moment she shuts the door in his face.

Phoebe is determined not to be persuaded by the handsome earl’s son, no matter how charming he is. But when disaster strikes her young sister, she is forced to consider selling her vote—and her hand—to the highest bidder.

As election intrigue grows, Phoebe and Nick are brought face to face with their own deepest desires and forced to decide which vows are worth keeping, and which must be broken...

Contains elections, confections, and a number of erections.

Trancehack, PNR by Sonya Clark

Spoiler:
It’s 2065. Those born with magic abilities live in government-run zones, without rights or freedoms. Fear of magic created this segregated world and fear keeps it intact.

A high-profile murder brings Detective Nathan Perez to Magic Born Zone 13. He’s had little experience with the Magic Born and isn’t sure what to expect during his first encounter with a witch, but he never thought he’d be so drawn to her.

Trancehacker Calla Vesper uses magic to break into computers and aid the Magic Born underground. She has no interest in helping a cop, even if he is smoking-hot, but money’s tight and Nate offers a tidy amount for help navigating the Zone. Calla’s determined to keep it all business, but sparks start flying before the investigation even gets started.

When Calla’s trancehacking and Nathan’s investigation uncover a conspiracy, Calla becomes a target. Nate can protect her by keeping her role a secret—but then who will protect Nate?
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:13 AM   #665
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Yeah, I think we're on the same page about Anastasia. Stressing the second syllable in Valentin does sound strange.
One last post on this. I mentioned earlier that I have a couple of coworkers who speak Russian. I asked one to tell me how she'd say Valentin and Anastasia.

She said they'd say Val-en-TEEN (like Valentino, without the O) and .... Anna-sta-CEE-ya, which the narrator actually got right!
FizzyWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:26 AM   #666
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
Just a reminder (not that bookaholics will probably need it), but if you haven't yet spent your Apple ebook settlement credits at Kobo, Amazon, etc. they expire at midnight on Saturday.

I know mine was spent ages ago
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:32 AM   #667
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Has anyone noticed their library's Overdrive catalog switch a lot of books to epub/pdf only (no Kindle format)? Like 1/3 of the titles I have out are epub only. I wonder why!
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #668
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
My library shows 117,594 ePub (ADE) [plus 3,602 Open ePub] titles and 114,376 Kindle which is I think about the same ratio of books that haven't had Kindle versions in the past although I'm not sure.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #669
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
Has anyone noticed their library's Overdrive catalog switch a lot of books to epub/pdf only (no Kindle format)? Like 1/3 of the titles I have out are epub only. I wonder why!
The last several books I've checked out have been available as both epub and kindle.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #670
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone #1) by Jill Shalvis (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 6-25.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	157533  
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #671
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
Are they new books or older titles? While I have noticed some of my recommendations haven't showed up in Kindle format, I've also noticed several older titles aren't in Kindle format... and I have to wonder if they've used up the Kindle 'quota', but still have epub, OD versions still to borrow? Just my hypothesis.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #672
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I saw this on SBTB

A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist is $0.79

Spoiler:
In 1860s Seattle, a man with a wife could secure himself 640 acres of timberland. But because of his wife's untimely death, Joe Denton finds himself about to lose half of his claim. Still in mourning, his best solution is to buy one of those Mercer girls arriving from the East. A woman he'll marry in name but keep around mostly as a cook.

Anna Ivey's journey west with Asa Mercer's girls is an escape from the griefs of her past. She's not supposed to be a bride, though, just a cook for the girls. But when they land, she's handed to Joe Denton and the two find themselves in a knotty situation. She refuses to wed him and he's about to lose his land. With only a few months left, can Joe convince this provoking--but beguiling--easterner to be his bride?

Published by Bethany House, so am assuming it's Christian romance
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #673
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Tangle of Need (Psy Changeling #11) by Nalini Singh is on sale for $1.99

Spoiler:
Discover the exhilarating risks of passion in the breathtaking new Psy-Changeling novel by Nalini Singh, the New York Times bestselling “alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist)…

Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past—one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another.

For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone-wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild compulsion toward one another proves a losing battle.

Their coming together is an inferno…and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both.

Kobo

Google Play

Amazon
Old Today, 07:15 PM   #674
BuyMore
ebook hoarder
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Kobo Glo
Entangled Publishing is having a $0.99 sale on some of its books: Sexy and Sweet.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:16 PM   #675
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Tangle of Need (Psy Changeling #11) by Nalini Singh is on sale for $1.99

Spoiler:
Discover the exhilarating risks of passion in the breathtaking new Psy-Changeling novel by Nalini Singh, the New York Times bestselling “alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist)…

Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past—one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another.

For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone-wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild compulsion toward one another proves a losing battle.

Their coming together is an inferno…and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both.

Kobo

Google Play

Amazon
Gak! My least favorite book of hers in both series!
FizzyWater is online now   Reply With Quote