Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #61
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
Yeah, I too wish this would work. I installed it with no errors, but cUrl doesn't appear to be working, since it doesn't pop up. This hack would be cool to have, but no luck.
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #62
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
New version 0.4 released:
- Tried to fix CPU overload occuring in some situations
Does the browser in Touch need such a hack? Does any of the bin files work for it?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #63
James D
James D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sorry but this hack is not working at ALL.

I can't download any pdf file. While when I tried to download Test.rtf it says ERROR, Can't download or smth.

Kindle 3 Wi-Fi + 3G.
Latest Firmware.
James D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #64
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
I intend to buy a livescribe smartpen who convert notes in pdf. Do you know if are a way to load the pdf files from smartpen, or conect the smartpen directly with a kindle keyboard, to view the taken note ?
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #65
cokelat70
cokelat70 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
I hope it would be available for kindle touch
cokelat70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #66
ed007
ed007 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 603a
The authors are grateful! It works!
K3 3g b006 v3.3
ed007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #67
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
Why is it that you are using /mnt/base-us/ instead of /mnt/us/ ? Also do you have any ideas on why freedownload doesn't want to work for me?
You should have both /mnt/us and /mnt/base-us.

In general, "/base-*" mount points mount an image or partition with limited access rights. The startup scripts usually use /mnt/us, and we should too, to prevent problems.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #68
calvin
DRM remover
calvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4 & Touch, iPhone/iPad, Hanvon N516 (OpenInkpot)
It would be great if this hack would work on the K5. I am using the Hackedupreader and with this hack I could download my epubs directly!
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #69
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You should have both /mnt/us and /mnt/base-us.

In general, "/base-*" mount points mount an image or partition with limited access rights. The startup scripts usually use /mnt/us, and we should too, to prevent problems.
I think the "duplicity" is only due to fuse-fsp, which Amazon put in between. It allows to "suspend" all access to the user partition for running processes without throwing errors (just keep 'em hanging and waiting for the call to return), though is able to "cut off" bounds to the underlying file system so that can easily be unmounted and exported via USB. It's a rather clever way to allow this export mechanism. As a related note: In Android, they stopped exporting USB via mass storage emulation due to the rather complicated issues that arise when a partition needs to be unmounted for exporting it. They are now using MTP (with fallback to PTP), similar to what I do on my Kindle (only using SCP/SFTP via USB networking).

Well, and this definitely means that /mnt/us is what we should be using for everything - as long as we want to prevent serious bugs due to improper access to the exported user partition.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #70
briant1234
Enthusiast
briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

This looks very intersting, does it work the the KT 5.1.2?
briant1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #71
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by briant1234 View Post
This looks very interesting, does it work the the KT 5.1.2?
I was unable to find any response to that question on the five pages of this thread.

Where you able to find any responses to that question on the pages of this thread?

Since this thread has been quit for two months, it is probably time for someone to find out the answer:

Did you try it on your K5?
What was the result?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #72
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briant1234 View Post
This looks very intersting, does it work the the KT 5.1.2?
Acording to this post by jib, it does not work on the touch. I'm just throwing ideas around because this looks cool but if the browser on the touch logs info also maybe we can do something similar for the touch. I don't have time to really look into it right now but nothing is stopping you or someone else.

Last edited by Titano; 09-01-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #73
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
It does not work on my kindle3.
I have install webpath on my kindle so that i can open links in same window.then i install freedownload hack,i still can not download pdf files.
What can i do?thank you! kindle 3 3g
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #74
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
I have install webpath on my kindle so that i can open links in same window.
what's this, do you have a link for it please? thanks.
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #75
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy dave View Post
what's this, do you have a link for it please? thanks.

I found it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=135011
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks