Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
Nabodita
Connoisseur
Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad
Angry Aldiko Ignoring Most of The CSS

Hi

I'm trying to create an ebook of a poem. To be true to the original, I need to format the paragraphs in a certain way. Now I know I've got the CSS right because when I tested it in IE, it displayed fine. (Well, more or less... just need to tweak the margin/padding values a bit)

Unfortunately, Aldiko seems to be interpreting the css very differently; I'm guessing its ignoring the margin/padding settings completely.

Firstly, I've attached a screenshot of what the poem should look like as displayed in IE. BTW, the poem is in Bengali and the embedded font and font-family declaration is working fine.

Here is an extract of the text.html file:

<p><span class="Class1">Some text</span><span class="Class2">Some more text on the same line but with a little space from the text before it<span></p>

<p class="Class3">Some text on the next line which will be indented</p>

Repeat the above two lines, then to insert a blank line:

<p><br /></p>

Here is an extract of the CSS: (I've omitted the font information since that's working fine)

.Class1
{padding: 0 0 12px 0;
text-indent:0;
text-align:left;}

.Class2
{padding:0 0 12px 30px;}

.Class3
{padding: 0 0 12px 0;
text-indent:48px;
text-align:left;}

That's it. But this portion of the CSS is being ignored, or so it seems to me. I do have publisher formatting enabled. There's a screenshot attached of how its looking in Aldiko.

I've tried googling this but to no avail. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest a workaround. Aldiko version is 2.2.3

Thanks
Nabodita
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IE screenshot.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	109455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aldiko Screenshot.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	903.3 KB
ID:	109456  
Nabodita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabodita View Post
I've tried googling this but to no avail. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest a workaround. Aldiko version is 2.2.3
I've never used this reader but a quick Google search indicates a probable solution in the settings of the program.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Nabodita
Connoisseur
Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad
I've already changed the settings to over-ride the Aldiko defaults; that's why the Bengali font is displaying at all.

Unfortunately, the program is still ignoring the paragraph formatting for the most part.

Can someone spot something wrong with my code? I tested the file on IE... should I try another browser?
Nabodita is offline   Reply With Quote