Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #121
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Oh, Charlie, how would you feel about Labour of Love: Working Class? It seems to fit our typical template better
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #122
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
LOL, though, I had been thinking that either Anything Goes or Tasty Morsels would have been a good choice for December and now that's been scotched!

I'll amend the post with the list to include tentative months.
December is fine with me if that's where it fits best.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:32 PM   #123
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
December is fine with me if that's where it fits best.
Oh, no. It was just a passing thought on my part and I thought it was funny when it was inadvertently torpedoed. You have a good rationale in any case.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #124
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Oh, Charlie, how would you feel about Labour of Love: Working Class? It seems to fit our typical template better
Sure.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #125
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
What if we had Dazrin’s Debuts in August, and my Finales in December for the end of the year? It depends on whether that would be a good month for Dazrin of course.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #126
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
What if we had Dazrin’s Debuts in August, and my Finales in December for the end of the year? It depends on whether that would be a good month for Dazrin of course.
I'll pencil you in for December, subject to change.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:28 PM   #127
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I don't have any particular preferences for timing etc.. Happy just to go with the flow.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #128
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll pencil you in for December, subject to change.
Okay - happy to shift around if someone else particularly feels their theme would fit in December.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:19 AM   #129
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If End of the Road is December, it seems like First Things First should be January, no?
Old 05-14-2019, 12:31 AM   #130
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
If End of the Road is December, it seems like First Things First should be January, no?
My understanding is that Bookpossum would prefer not to be in tandem with First Things; i.e., if Dazrin wants January, she doesn't want December. I personally agree that having a gap between the two would be good and that First Things fits more naturally before Last. But I think the gap's the thing.

Last edited by issybird; 05-14-2019 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:55 AM   #131
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Quote:
My understanding is that Bookpossum would prefer not to be in tandem with First Things; i.e., if Dazrin wants January, she doesn't want December. I personally agree that having a gap between the two would be good and that First Things fits more naturally before Last. But I think the gap's the thing.
Yes, given that Dazrin was suggesting the two could be looked on as a sort of pair, eg an author's first and last books, my feeling is that it would be better to have the two separated by a few months rather than one after the other. Of course when it comes to the books nominated and the voting, it could well not work out that way at all! But if Dazrin goes before me, the possibility is there.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #132
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

I thought going backwards--last then first--would be fun. But I'm weird like that.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #133
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I have been too busy and absent to participate in this, but I look forward to seeing everyone's selections show up in the theme slate!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:57 PM   #134
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Quote:
I thought going backwards--last then first--would be fun. But I'm weird like that.
You should live n Australia. We do everything upside down!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:59 PM   #135
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I have been too busy and absent to participate in this, but I look forward to seeing everyone's selections show up in the theme slate!
Great to hear from you, astrangerhere. I hope the work lets up a bit and you are able to join in again soon.