Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #31
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I could share my spare tyre, some 10kg....
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #32
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
When it comes to training I would suggest training as much as you're comfortable with so you still feel like training tomorrow. Most people just through themselves in to heavy workout right away and after a couple of weeks loose interest. Better to train less at a regular interval than a lot and then suddenly stop. Training shouldn't be punishment.
Couldn't agree more! The key is to start slow and build up. The first day you run, jog for just 100 yards if that's comfortable. The next time, maybe add ten yards. The key is to build up slow.

I started working out when a friend asked me if I was interested in playing racket ball. I was, so we walked to the gym (two miles) and were both exhausted when we got there. We played one game then staggered back. Six months later, we'd run to the gym, play a half dozen or more games then run back to our neighborhood.

PE instructors and coaches overlooked this back in the 60's and 70's. They'd want you to run a mile hard on the first day. Of course you'd end up exhausted and sore and never want to do it again. And they spread the myth that, if girls worked out they'd 'get muscles and bulk up'.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #33
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
In the link above there is a very important bit of information.
Don't skip Warnings.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #34
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #35
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis

I am loving all the tips and info. Keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
De-barge-arse-ification. To remove one's barge-arse (a colloquialism for having a rather more ample backside - more junk in the trunk - than one desires).

Cheers,
Marc (a barge-arse)
Thanks Marc for explaining my strange language. I am glad you could logic it out. Just goes to show I am farking weird if you understand me
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #36
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
watch out for your backside you barge-arse maniac.

I saw it happen. People diet, get slim, the ass falls out of the picture never to come back. A flat ass is worst then no tits, for girls and, from what I ear, worst than tits for guys.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 AM   #37
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree with beppe. I would rather have a girl with a little chub around the midsection than one with no T&A.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #38
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just finished a crash diet program that lasted exactly 6 weeks. That is 42 days and 126 meals.
I got the diet from pilotBob.
Spoiler:
It is discussed in the book Eat to Live by J. Fuhrman.

How much did I loose
Spoiler:
I do not know how much I lost. I avoided the trap of the scale. (I tend to become obsessed: dieting is a stressing experience and I tried to avoid all of it).

I lost maybe a couple of sizes or 3. The only thing that I measured is my breast and I lost 2 sizes of bra (if I ever decided to wear a bra, but it is unlikely).

Over all I gage to have lost around 20 lb.

A brief description of the diet (how I implemented it)
It is mostly vegetables, with proteins coming from beans and similaria. Fish and very little meat. No oil, but nuts.

Foods That I gave up or reduced drastically
Spoiler:
I gave up many foods that I like very much.
Completely. Pasta, rice, bread, cheese, milk, ham, salami and the like. Beer. Dressings of any sort, including my wonderful home-made-by-a-friend olive oil.

Completely that I am not particularly fond of: Pies, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, sweets, soft drinks.

Reduced to once a week or less: Potatoes, meat of any sort. Chips, doritos, and stuff like that.

Food that I should have reduced but I did not
Spoiler:
Drink. I usually have a glass of red for lunch (1/2 if I have a meeting right after). A couple of aperitifs before dinner and a couple of glasses of wine with the meal. Sometime a small drink in the evening (mostly Lemoncello or a fine).

3 meals a day, eating plenty so that I never felt I needed a snack.
Spoiler:
Breakfast
I always eat the same. A 1/2 cup of porridge (instant and micro, with plain water and little pinch of salt) in which I mix what fruit I have. To day one banana, 6 strawberries and a couple slices of tinned ananas (I found a brand without sugar but its own juice). A cup of coffee, black.

Lunch. At work I made arrangement with the trattoria. They make me a huge salad with lattuce, tomatoes, sliced onions and walnuts, plus a small tin of beans or chicken peas. If I am still hungry I order a 1/4 ananas. A glass of red. espresso, black.
At home a huge salad, steamed greens, either beans or steamed fish, or smoked salmon, a side vegetable to help with the greens. Tomatoes mostly. I invented this trick: I cut a slice of tomato on the dish, cover it with a forkful of greens and it goes down very well. Wine as I please. Coffee, black.

Dinner. A couple of drinks, while I cook for me and the family. with a lot of appetizers. Veggy stuff: dry tomatoes, palm hearts, olives, pickled onions, as much as I care. A vegetable soup. Like 2 cups. Then like the lunch. deca black.

Exceptions.
Spoiler:
Sunday lunch. Traditionally we have a huge Apero. It is a family tradition. We have it outside, we read the Sunday papers and smoke a ton. I mix cocktails for W and me, a tomato juice for LD. I put out platters of appetizers: Chips, pistachios, olives, little preztnels, maybe a dip, sticks of celery filled with Gorgonzola, bread sticks buttered and wrapped in ham, little squares of cold pizza (the thick one), pickled wild mushrooms, may be caviar. For me the usual and I might try some of the treats. Then is usually meat and potatoes with a side vegetable, like artichockes, or zucchine. A good wine. Icecream for dessert for them. Pusse cafè. Idiotic looks. Nap. Bliss.

I feel very well about the whole thing and I will continue eating like this.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #39
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I just finished a crash diet program that lasted exactly 6 weeks. That is 42 days and 126 meals.
Well done!
Honestly. Very impressive
Old 06-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #40
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Congratulations Beppe .

I like to have one day a week when I have some treats - it makes it easier to fight temptation on the other days, and stops the diet being an unremitting grind.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #41
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Congratulations Beppe .

I like to have one day a week when I have some treats - it makes it easier to fight temptation on the other days, and stops the diet being an unremitting grind.
That is indeed a very smart trick. I use Sunday lunch.

Funny, I imagine you slim and fast as a lightning. Maybe it is because of the diet.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #42
happy_terd
Banned

It is very good to get on a plan.

Congrats Beppe.

Don't forget to reward yourself once in awhile.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #43
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Spending spending, Spending money, money money, spending. Ah!

In September, if I am where I want to be, I'll buy myself a Dick Tracy trench.
And a new pair of Rossetti shoes. Goodyear stitching.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #44
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Good one beppe. Whatever works for you without making you ill.

I have not given up alcohol, but I have decided not to have it every day. I have already given up beer and salami anyway YUK! I am counting calories and exercising. Although last night I counted way too many calories. Pernod and chocolate blew out my daily allowance! Today is another day and I am being more careful.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #45
CathrynLouis
Enthusiast
CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.CathrynLouis writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: iPad
Yoy know, I've never had a diet work for me - sad but true. Finally, I just decided to watch what I do. I figured out how many calories I burn a day, and then how much I could eat. If I want to eat more, then I do more. If I eat too much, then I eat less the next day - and do more.

These things help me burn -
One hour of any aerobics, step or yoga class
Walking uphill on the treadmill (without holding on)

Enjoy!
CathrynLouis is offline   Reply With Quote