Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
HFM
HFM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd gen)
Kindle or Kindle Paperwhite?

I've been converting all my mobi files to the azw3 format, which I'm very pleased with. However, I've nearly converted them all and put them onto the kindle (this has taken ages, twenty books at a time because books were not indexing) and have just come across an option under Page Setup and found that I have my settings set to Kindle for the output file.

My device is the Kindle Paperwhite, and I notice there is an option to select that, and it has a different pixel number than the Kindle output.

I made a test of a book converted to both Kindle and for Kindle Paperwhite. I can't see any obvious difference and wondered what the differences are? If there are big differences in the way the files behave or something then I would delete my device books and redo the whole thing, although this would be pretty time consuming and thought it best to ask here first, as I can't seem to find much about it on google. Many thanks.
HFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THe only thing it makes an appreciable difference for is comics.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
HFM
HFM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd gen)
Ok, many thanks for the reply.
HFM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, output, paperwhite