Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
derekn552
derekn552 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Special characters in conversion

I'm trying to convert a txt file containing French accented characters, but they are not showing in the converted mobi file correctly. Is there a simple solution that I don't know about? If not, please let me know and I'll provide a small example.
derekn552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekn552 View Post
I'm trying to convert a txt file containing French accented characters, but they are not showing in the converted mobi file correctly. Is there a simple solution that I don't know about? If not, please let me know and I'll provide a small example.
Did you set (forcing) the (Input char encoding) codepage on the conversion : Look and feel section?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
derekn552

Smile

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
derekn552

Smile

Sorted. Thanks very much for your advice.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Glad you lucked out.
Some folk come by after double conversions, where the original has be lost or overwritten. Recovery in those cases
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote