Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
franro1973
franro1973 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Calibre doesn't convert my PDF

Hello
I downloaded Calibre to convert PDF to EPub for my Aura Kobo HD reader. So I opened the software and I added the book I wanted to convert and click Convert but nothing happens, the task remains at 1% for hours. What should I do to convert properly and in a normal time my book? Thank you!

France
franro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by franro1973 View Post
Hello
I downloaded Calibre to convert PDF to EPub for my Aura Kobo HD reader. So I opened the software and I added the book I wanted to convert and click Convert but nothing happens, the task remains at 1% for hours. What should I do to convert properly and in a normal time my book? Thank you!

France
Some (tiny amount of) conversions can take over a DAY. It is all about COMPLEXITY of the source, not book file size or page count.

Crash = a fail. If the wheel spins: do something else while it grinds away (do plug in if a battery run device. you will probably need more juice)

Do take time to read the sticky about PDF at the top of this section.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I always find I have better luck using Mobipocket creator for PDF conversions but usually they always needs cleaning after conversion.

I use Mobipocket to create an HTML file, edit this, then convert to my final output format
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote