Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #16
maff
maff began at the beginning.

Device: Mac, iPad, Kindle
Thanks itimpi. I'll need to look at our source files and see if removing the <p> would affect other output formats.
maff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
wirawan0
wirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
This is a (hardware) kindle bug. Reading the MOBI file in ebook-viewer does not produce such an erroneous result. I recently reported this problem at calibre's bug database:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1035792

but Kovid said it was not a bug. In dismissing my bug, he only said this:

Quote:
You need to make sure that the content of each <li> element is not
enclosed in a block tag. Or convert to AZW3 for modern Kindles.
I don't understand this. Can anyone help? The problem with "a new line right after a bullet point" is not unique to EPUB->MOBI conversion. In fact I remember having an EPUB-originated MOBI that properly displays the bullet w/ no new line. But right now I can't pinpoint the root cause. Also HTML->MOBI or ODT->MOBI can have the same "new line" problem.
wirawan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #18
jjmixman
jjmixman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle e-ink
Surely this is a bug in Calibre, not the Kindle.

There seems to be some confusion here. What I've found is simple:

Open Office (ODT) default bulleted list -> mobi

This produces broken bulleted lists when displayed on Kindle paperwhite or in the equivalent mode of Kindle Previewer.

MS Word 2010 (Docx) default bulleted list -> mobi

works perfectly.

In both cases these are simple bulletted lists - no custom graphics or anything like that so I would expect it to cope. I don't think this should be blamed on "a bug in the Kindle firmware".
jjmixman is offline   Reply With Quote