Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
Violetteskye
Violetteskye began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader
Total newbie

Hi! Got an ezreader and have no idea what to do. I have a mac (and if it isn't compatible with a mac don't laugh or yell at me cuz the reader was a gift.) I installed the ADE onto my mac and tried to download a book from a free site just to try it out. The farthest I get is the part where the reader recognizes the usb connection. It says "one removable disk appear in my computer and that I can operate/manage various files etc". I don't have "my computer"... I don't see where the mac recognizes a removable device... I have no idea what I am doing. Please go easy on me and if anyone can help (???) I will check back today but I will be away the next 3 so responses may be slow. Thanks a million!
Violetteskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violetteskye View Post
Hi! Got an ezreader and have no idea what to do. I have a mac (and if it isn't compatible with a mac don't laugh or yell at me cuz the reader was a gift.) I installed the ADE onto my mac and tried to download a book from a free site just to try it out. The farthest I get is the part where the reader recognizes the usb connection. It says "one removable disk appear in my computer and that I can operate/manage various files etc". I don't have "my computer"... I don't see where the mac recognizes a removable device... I have no idea what I am doing. Please go easy on me and if anyone can help (???) I will check back today but I will be away the next 3 so responses may be slow. Thanks a million!
Treat you PEz just like any other disk drive/ USB memory stick you would use with your MAC.
"Copy" your book from where you saved it to (Paste) the either the PEz main storage (it will be the one about 350MB) or to the SD card storage (if it is installed). You delete just like you would (be sure to save a copy on your computer) any file.
Baen Free Library is a great place to get Hooked (er try free titles) . I pick the Mobi ( was prc) format
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
Violetteskye

Thanks.... my mac won't let me eject "noname" which is my ezreader so I have to restart and unplug the connector real fast so that's now an issue too. (I am having some troubles... ha.) I finally at least managed to download a book and it WAS there. I could see chapters and was reading...just trying to figure out how to use the darn Reader. Anyway.... somewhere along the way I must have hit something. The title is still listed as a PDF but it will NOT open on the reader. I have tried to delete it from the ezreader and reinstall... nada. I have hit reset. So far I am not having fun but I hope I work it out
Old 10-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #4
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Why don't you go to the Astak.com site and look up support to find a manual or read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Not everything is perfect, but it might help you out in operating the reader. There is also a manual on your Astak.

If you are trying to download an ebook file from Adobe Digital Editions/Overdrive, you will have to download the newest Astak firmware update first. I just went through the same thing this weekend when I got my Astak Pocket Pro. There is a video on how to install firmware here on the MobileReads forum. Don't use the instructions from the manual or FAQs for firmware download. They are wrong.

luvshihtzu
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:07 AM   #5
Violetteskye

Thanx. I have contacted and await a reply. However, I have no idea why my mac won't recognize it (calls it noname) and I cannot disconnect. I plan to call tomorrow as well... I will keep you posted but anyone feel free to post any tips
Advert