Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #1
sysiphus-corinth
sysiphus-corinth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can't restore database from backups

Hi,

Had a corruption in my DB. When I launch am given the option to restore from backup. After it gets to adding in the books, third routine at about 85% it fails with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 127, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 281, in replace_db
File "shutil.py", line 84, in copyfile
File "shutil.py", line 52, in copyfileobj
IOError: [Errno 12] Not enough space

The drive that I can see the dump file & folder is the same location as my Calibre Library and has 360gb free.....

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
sysiphus-corinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure whatever disk your temp directory is on has enough space as well. Or use the CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR environment variable to move the dir onto that disk.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:10 AM   #3
sysiphus-corinth

Hi,

The library and the temp appear to be on the same disk, the library is about 60gb and the disk has about 360gb free....

I had checked all that.... unless I'm wrong and the temp is being built else where... hmm
Old 11-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #4
sysiphus-corinth

where would if find the Calibre_temp_dir variable ... is it a txt / ini file or a registry setting?
Old 11-22-2017, 07:16 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:30 AM   #6
sysiphus-corinth

I found the windows environment variables, the standard system one, it has an entry for calibre (pointing to the install), but nothing for temp.... Even so, the install location has 212gb free, the library disk has 396 gb free.... both of these should be more than sufficient...
Old 11-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #7
sysiphus-corinth

I found the windows environment variables, the standard system one, it has an entry for calibre (pointing to the install), but nothing for temp.... Even so, the install location has 212gb free, the library disk has 396 gb free.... both of these should be more than sufficient...
Old 11-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #8
sysiphus-corinth

Hi,

got sorted... thanks for the assist... the issue was totally different in the end!

My NAS box where the library is had gone off line, and when it cam back Windows never corrected the sync info... so it was presenting Calibre with an offline version!

Ah well, nice of W10 to turn sync back on with an update and not notify me!

Cheers,

Ronán