Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
If you've handled the glowlight plus and the new3

How's the reading experience between the 2 devices? I ask because the plus is on sale. I do like the idea of the waterproof plus, since I like reading in the tub. I would like to install codex fan fiction reader and fbreader which would make the buttons on the 3 useless to me anyway. I would also like to know if the side loaded apps run considerably laggy on the device.(sticking with reading related apps)

Thanks,

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
How's the reading experience between the 2 devices? I ask because the plus is on sale. I do like the idea of the waterproof plus, since I like reading in the tub. I would like to install codex fan fiction reader and fbreader which would make the buttons on the 3 useless to me anyway. I would also like to know if the side loaded apps run considerably laggy on the device.(sticking with reading related apps)

Thanks,

Penny
See my review here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=29

Neither device is super-fast as far as side-loaded apps go. Comfort factor for me is the biggest bonus on the new one.
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
AlReader works well on the Glowlight 3. Reading-related apps that change page when you tap or swipe the screen will be fine. Apps that scroll text top-to-bottom will not look so pretty. When you scroll, you'll get a jumble of text before everything settles into the new position.

The Glowlight 3 is more comfortable to hold than the Plus. Also, the color-adjustable screen on the 3 is an improvement. Performance, overall, is about the same. The hardware in the two is not much different. The 3 has more storage available. though it is partitioned.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I have a program on my computer(windows 10) called adblink or abdlink(can’t remember the actual name) 👀that is used to install android apps on my kindle fire? Is that the same type of program used to install the apps on the nook? Sorry if that’s a stupid question.😁

Thanks,

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
How's the reading experience between the 2 devices? I ask because the plus is on sale.
Surprisingly (to me anyhow) the Nook GlowLight Plus is once again available in most of the B&N stores in my area (it wasn't before when I checked online). But I don't see it on sale in my area.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #6
woemcats
woemcats began at the beginning.

Device: Glowlight 3
The GLP is uncomfortable as hell to hold. I never liked it. The GL3 is much easier on the hands.
woemcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #7
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
The new Nook is way more comfortable. It's actually the most comfortable of any current e-reader I have held. They get big points from me for that.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #8
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I own both.

When my Plus took the new update its buggy now and not happy. The new Glowlight 3 is faster and more responsive. Much better contrast. I prefer the look of the glowlight plus but the Glowlight 3 has a much better reading experience
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote