Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Thumbs up 16-Watt FireDock Coming in July -- NICE!

Grace Digital Audio has designed a custom dock for the Fire. 16-Watt amp, 3" full-range x 2 front bass speaker system, remote control, optional rechargeable battery. Usable either vertically or horizontally and is capable of charging the Fire while using it. Good chance it may be a bit pricey but this is no ordinary dock. Nice looking too. Details here (scroll over the thumbnails for various views):

Grace FireDock
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
According to Engadget, it'll cost $130. Pretty spendy.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another option is the FireStation. It'll be available starting 27 Apr and will sell for $60 (or $55 if you pre-order). This company also makes a version for the Nook Color/Tablet. Same pricing and date.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Another option is the FireStation. It'll be available starting 27 Apr and will sell for $60 (or $55 if you pre-order). This company also makes a version for the Nook Color/Tablet. Same pricing and date.
I've been looking forward to the Fire Station.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Now that one I like

Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
I really like that one too. I hope it's as good as it looks. Only problem I have is that they take the money when you pre-order. I think I'll wait until it's been out for awhile and see what the reviews are.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Update on these two docking stations. The FireStation started out as $55 pre-order and $60 post-release. I just checked the website and it's selling for $70. That's too much money for a dock. But then again, it's still cheaper than the outrageously priced $130 FireDock which won't ship until sometime next month.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I was kind of bummed to see the price go up on that FireStation as well. I think that extra ten bucks puts it out of reach for a lot of people.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
I was kind of bummed to see the price go up on that FireStation as well. I think that extra ten bucks puts it out of reach for a lot of people.
I hear you. The FireStation would've been a nice accessory for the Fire I gifted, but it's too pricey.

I will say this about Apple; at least they have charging/data ports centrally located on the bottom of their devices, making it easy to mass produce cheap accessories like docking stations. Not so with Android. No standardization whatsoever. Who in their right mind puts a charging/data port on the top of a device? Try Samsung, The Galaxy Player 4 has one located on the top and off-center.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Ick. That's too much for a dock. I would still like one, but not at that price. The FireStation is a bit better of a price, but still too expensive for my level of "want."
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
I will say this about Apple; at least they have charging/data ports centrally located on the bottom of their devices, making it easy to mass produce cheap accessories like docking stations. Not so with Android. No standardization whatsoever. Who in their right mind puts a charging/data port on the top of a device? Try Samsung, The Galaxy Player 4 has one located on the top and off-center.
Mine's at the bottom on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket... Just like my Kindles.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Update -- both docking stations are currently available and with free shipping.

The Grace FireDock is now called the MatchStick. Why? I have no idea. Still priced at $130, but selling for $100 at Amazon.

Kindle Fire Speaker Docks

Nook Color/Tablet Speaker Docks
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
"The Grace FireDock is now called the MatchStick. Why? I have no idea."
Matchstick to get your "fire Started"?? ....yeah corny I know.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote