Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 12:59 AM   #1
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
Pagination problem after EPUB to PDF conversion

Hi
I have converted a number of Mobi books to EPUB and then to PDF to read them on my PC with the Sumatra reader because I don’t like Adobe.

For all the books, the conversions worked well except one, where the lines have annoying spaces between them. More precisely, every second line ends half way and continues as a new line …The pattern is :1 full line, 1 half ( or 3/4) line , one full line, etc, etc

These books belong to a collection of the same publishing house ( Delphi Latin and Greek Classics), therefore I don’t think that the problem was with the original book, because the pagination lay-out should be the same for all of them.

I don’t understand why I get this problem only with one of them after the conversion. It is even more puzzling, because I seem to recall that when I put the book through the reader the first time after the conversion I did get the proper pagination., with no spaces between he lines.

Any comments? How to correct the problem?

Thanks

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:38 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See ==>> How to ask a question about conversion problems

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
pagination pproblem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Thanks for referring me to the Conversion specifics.
For your information, I have re-converted the Mobi file directly to pdf, this time without an intermediate conversion to EPUB and it works. I think this might have been the problem, for whatever reasons.

Thanks

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote