Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 04-08-2018, 06:47 AM   #91
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
The Radium Girls... when shown on Kobo AU showed up a link for The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale, and the reviews on Goodreads make this sound like an interesting book - I'm starting to wish that was on our list.
gmw you will have to keep a note of it and bring it in where appropriate, eg war?
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:45 AM   #92
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Oh dear. Do you subscribe to the Forum? I found that relatively recently and it does mean you get a reminder of any activity in the Book Club forum.

Open Book Clubs, hit Forum Tools and Subscribe.

Hope that helps.
Yes, that's what I don't understand, as I am subscribed
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #93
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suppose it just shows the latest item, so if you weren't looking, you might miss the Nominations thread going up and when you looked next time, another thread would be showing because it was added to more recently.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #94
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
FWIW, nominations always start on the first of the month, so if you could come up with a mnemonic it might be a failsafe.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #95
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I suppose it just shows the latest item, so if you weren't looking, you might miss the Nominations thread going up and when you looked next time, another thread would be showing because it was added to more recently.
Maybe I'm confused over how it works? I usually just click on User CP at the top left of the menu bar, and assume that any forums I have subscribed to will show as new threads in the list that User CP gives me.
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #96
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
FWIW, nominations always start on the first of the month, so if you could come up with a mnemonic it might be a failsafe.
Not too hard to remember, is it?
Old 04-09-2018, 01:09 PM   #97
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Maybe I'm confused over how it works? I usually just click on User CP at the top left of the menu bar, and assume that any forums I have subscribed to will show as new threads in the list that User CP gives me.
No, when you subscribe to an entire forum, you see it in a separate group just below those threads, and it will only show the most recent thread in that forum. So it can easily get hidden if there's a post in another thread between the time the new thread is created, and the time you log on. It's far from perfect, unfortunately, and easy to miss something.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #98
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
No, when you subscribe to an entire forum, you see it in a separate group just below those threads, and it will only show the most recent thread in that forum. So it can easily get hidden if there's a post in another thread between the time the new thread is created, and the time you log on. It's far from perfect, unfortunately, and easy to miss something.
Okay, thanks for the explanation. I'll have to be more diligent in future.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #99
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

I tend to open the Book Club forum to make sure I haven’t missed a new thread going up, just touching the heading in the forum subscription. Then of course once I’m subscribed I see any new activity.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #100
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've never subscribed to a thread and never felt a need to figure out how. I just look in the four or so areas I generally keep up with, and glance through the threads; since the new threads and the ones with new activity are in boldface, it's easy enough to find what I'm interested in.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #101
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

So do you subscribe to the appropriate forums such as Book Clubs, or do you just go to the forums and hunt through them? I suppose we all do it differently!
Old 04-10-2018, 04:24 AM   #102
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I have rarely directly subscribed or unsubscribed to a thread, and never to a forum. I visit half-a-dozen forums regularly, and a couple more occasionally, and like Catlady, I rely on the bolding of threads that I haven't read to show me what's new. If I participate in a discussion I get automatically subscribed to that thread and it shows in User CP, which gives me a quick way to find those threads again - so I tend to check those first and then look in on each of my regular forum for new stuff of interest (or if I'm in a hurry I just use the forum tools to mark everything as read, which clears the bold). It's a little haphazard, but it's been working for me so far.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote