Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-26-2023, 01:24 PM   #1
Patchicat
Enthusiast
Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet; Nook HD+; Nook Samsung Tab 3
Nook not downloading purchased book

I have two Nook tablets as well as a Lenovo tablet which I use for reading my nook books purchased from Barnes & Noble as well as other sources. I recently purchased a book. It shows up in my library on one of the nooks and the Lenovo tablet. But it does not show up in the other nook; nor does that particular nook even recognize that I have purchased the book.

I use these two particular nooks to help prepare for a Bible study class, and I am using this book as part of my preparation. I have checked the settings on the recalcitrant nook and can find nothing to indicate why this is downloading. Nor am I having any particular luck looking online for a solution.

Any suggestions on how I can solve this issue? After all, it it's not recognizing this purchase, what other purchases are it missing?

Thanks.
Patchicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:58 AM   #2
RWTS
Enthusiast
RWTS began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Since no one else has chimed in, here a few ideas that popped to mind. You may have already tried these.

Is the troublesome Nook tablet in airplane mode? Is the app updated to the latest version? Perhaps the other two devices auto-updated, and this one didn't.

Has Barnes & Noble forced you to update your password lately? Seems to happen to me a couple times a year. Once, it caused a hiccup with syncing on my e-ink Nook and I had to sign out of my account and sign back in to get things working correctly again.

If those ideas don't work, I'd suggest clearing the app cache, and if that doesn't get the book to download, then uninstall and reinstall the app.

Good luck!
RWTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2023, 03:00 PM   #3
Patchicat
Enthusiast
Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patchicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet; Nook HD+; Nook Samsung Tab 3
Thank you for your response. It took a bit to figure it out, but I managed to update the app on the device, and now it's showing up as it should. Would not have thought of doing that if you hadn't responded.
Patchicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 03:58 PM   #4
RWTS
Enthusiast
RWTS began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Great news! I'm happy to learn everything is working correctly now.
RWTS is offline   Reply With Quote