Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
ahavriluk
ahavriluk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Transfer books between devices

Hi!

Is it possible to transfer purchased books between several registered to the same account devices? For example, if I buy a book on Amazon, and have it on my Kindle, is it possible to transfer a book to my wife's Kindle, so she can read it on her device? What if her device is registered on a different account? (I assume in this case only loaning would work?)

Thank you!
Alexander.

Last edited by ahavriluk; 11-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.
ahavriluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If all the Kindles are registered to the same account, all the books will be in the Archive of the devices that don't already have the book(s) downloaded. Just download from the Archive for that Kindle.

Don't know what you mean by "landing". If the book has DRM, and her device is on a different account, and is for a different device, you would have to strip the DRM to use the book on a different device.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
ahavriluk
ahavriluk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Don't know what you mean by "landing". If the book has DRM, and her device is on a different account, and is for a different device, you would have to strip the DRM to use the book on a different device.
I used the wrong word. What I meant was "loaning".
ahavriluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Yes, loaning would work, but not all books are loanable.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote