Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-09-2015, 10:55 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
May ship dates now? Looks like they guessed wrong quantity-wise on initial production runs.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:47 PM   #32
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
As I posted earlier, Amazon's been pushing the latest software update to devices gradually. This is done automatically when your Echo's idle. The latest version is 2171 (from 2100). [Note: A new Echo update (2221) was just released within the last few hours. It may be a number of days before it's pushed to all devices.]

You can check the device's software version in the Echo app by clicking on Settings. Next, select the top menu choice (name of your Echo). Then scroll down to Echo Software Version.

Mine hasn't updated yet. Atunah's hasn't either. Is anyone else still waiting for the updates?

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-12-2015 at 06:07 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #33
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
As I posted earlier, Amazon's been pushing the latest software update to devices gradually. This is done automatically when your Echo's idle. The latest version is 2171 (from 2100).

You can check the device's software version in the Echo app by clicking on Settings. Next, select the top menu choice (name of your Echo). Then scroll down to Echo Software Version.

Mine hasn't updated yet. Atunah's hasn't either. Is anyone else still waiting for the 2171 update?
I'm still on 2100.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #34
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Amazon Echo Club

Quote:
I received my Echo late yesterday afternoon, and I've been busy playing with Alexa....

I just ordered mine and see a shipping date of Thursday, May 14, 2015. Is this typical?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #35
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just ordered mine and see a shipping date of Thursday, May 14, 2015. Is this typical?
Yep. I ordered mine last Saturday and that's my date, too. I'm feeling pretty disgruntled, frankly. I asked for my invitation the first day.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #36
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I'm still on 2100.
Mine's still at 2100, too.

A newer Echo update (2221) was just released within the last few hours. It may be a number of days before it's pushed to all devices.

I'll probably call Amazon's Echo Support if I haven't received it in a week or so.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-12-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #37
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yep. I ordered mine last Saturday and that's my date, too. I'm feeling pretty disgruntled, frankly. I asked for my invitation the first day.
It's typical now. It was only a couple of days for me back in Nov. It looks like Amazon has depleted their existing stock and is now waiting for another production run.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #38
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
...shipping date of Thursday, May 14....
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
...that's my date, too....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's typical now. It was only a couple of days for me back in Nov. It looks like Amazon has depleted their existing stock and is now waiting for another production run.
Oh, well. It gives me more time to come up with an explanation for the S.O. as to why we needed this device.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #39
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

My Echo updated from version 2100 to 2221 overnight. It's odd that it skipped an update, but I'm glad my device is now up to date.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #40
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
My Echo updated from version 2100 to 2221 overnight. It's odd that it skipped an update, but I'm glad my device is now up to date.
I unplug my Echo once a week. My cleaning service comes on Tuesdays so mine was unplugged and put away last night. I'm not worried about them stealing, I just put tablets and ereaders away so I don't have to worry about accidents. I wonder if Monday night is a normal update night? I'll have to check my Echo when I get home tonight.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #41
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Got my Echo 2 hours ago. Having fun with it, but am struggling a bit getting it to play specific albums other than common things like Beach Boys or Mozart. Saying "Alexa, Play album Greatest Game Music" won't get me anywhere. I have to say "Play album Greatest Video Game Music". You can mumble it sortof and it will find it, but leaving out 'video' makes a difference.

I was able to get my Ipod Nano to connect via Bluetooth, but when I had to stop it, I haven't quite figured out how to get it reconnect again.

The things I particularly like is my ability to get internet radio, news and forecast. Oh, and a to-do list that I can't lose. Handy.

Things I would like - reminder service (today is your appointment. Today is Patty's birthday) and of course Audible streaming.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #42
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I finally got an invite to order on Jan 6 (I asked for an invitation on the first day too), and my delivery date is still listed as Feb. 23.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:17 PM   #43
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I finally got an invite to order on Jan 6 (I asked for an invitation on the first day too), and my delivery date is still listed as Feb. 23.
So how come someone who's owned every Kindle ever plus the phone (before it was fire-saled, too) didn't get asked sooner? Clearly Amazon doesn't value your custom sufficiently!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:49 AM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Wishlist added to OP

I added a wishlist to the OP for features you'd like to see added to the Echo.

For me, I'd like to see Audible and OverDrive integration, plus the ability to add additional apps.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #45
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I added a wishlist to the OP for features you'd like to see added to the Echo.

For me, I'd like to see Audible and OverDrive integration, plus the ability to add additional apps.
Could you add the ability to set multiple reminders to the wishlist, please?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote