Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Mark as Read

Is there a "shortcut" to "Mark As Read" (under "Forum Tools" when viewing a forum)? I use this feature all the time and fine the pull down menu slightly unfriendly. A nice "Mark As Read" button would be nice. (Perhaps next to the Page nab on the right hand side found one "search this forum."

Not a big deal... but is there a shortcut I'm missing?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
There's one under Quick Links on the top.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks... but's that's still a pulldown menu where the link has to be found among several. Plus, I think that one marks the whole forum as read. I mark forum by forum as I go thru it. I know this is picky but I "mark as read" each visit to my pertinent forums. I hardly use the others on the pulldown. A simple single click link on each forum would be wonderful.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Forum Tools > Mark This Forum Read

ETA: Oops, entered too fast. Is that not easy enough? I mean how lazy can you be lol.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer

Well, sure if you hit the right one... but honestly... I have a wide screen monitor and my mouse settings are set to fast so I can quickly get to one side of my screen to the other. Also have external monitors so I mouse even off screen to the next. A fast mouse makes it easy to select the item above or below the proper link on the pulldown.

I said in my posts it was picky.... but I literally use the pulldown each visit to each section. A single link somewhere on the page would be nirvana.....

Or could the forum be setup to read my mind so I wouldn't even have to click... just think. But then I'd think the wrong thing
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
If you are at level where the forum icon and title are displayed, double click on the button to the left of the forum icon and title.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 08-05-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
If you are at level where the forum icon and title are displayed, double click on the button to the left of the forum icon and title.
ahhh.... I new if I just whined enough! And I though that was an indicator icon.. never realized it was "hot."

Thank you Wetdogeared
Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
ahhh.... I new if I just whined enough! And I though that was an indicator icon.. never realized it was "hot."

Thank you Wetdogeared
Also for subforums the box to the left of the subforum name is also hot. If clearing a subforum is the only change then the forum box will also clear.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote