Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
mcandre
Connoisseur
mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle
Question Mobile app for browsing, reading my library?

I already backup my Calibre library stored in cloud services. Would be fantastic to be able to access my books this way on mobile phones, browsing through my catalog and launching the books in ereader apps. Any interest in publishing mobile Calibre apps?
mcandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there are already lots of mobile calibre apps, including ones that can read from cloud services.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:17 PM   #3
ainent
ainent began at the beginning.

Device: paper books, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcandre View Post
I already backup my Calibre library stored in cloud services. Would be fantastic to be able to access my books this way on mobile phones, browsing through my catalog and launching the books in ereader apps. Any interest in publishing mobile Calibre apps?
I am the developer of the Libreca for Calibre iOS app, available on the App Store. You can view your catalog with it, and while downloading / launching your ebooks is not available yet, it is planned for the future.

Additionally, in the spirit of Calibre’s GPL license, Libreca for Calibre is also GPL. The source code is available here.
ainent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
Tech Guy
Leftcoast, USA
Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 2 XL, Basic Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcandre View Post
I have a copy of my library on Dropbox, and access it on my Android phone using Calibre Companion, then reading with Moon+ reader. This works well for Android, although I don't know anything about IOS.
Tech Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:10 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Guy View Post
I have a copy of my library on Dropbox, and access it on my Android phone using Calibre Companion, then reading with Moon+ reader. This works well for Android, although I don't know anything about IOS.
Works about the same with CC on iOS (except for the Moon+ part , I use MapleRead instead).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:27 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
another vote for CC + dropbox, not only can you browse but you can also download to device
keep a COPY of calibre library folder in dropbox, not the original, and maintain it with a sync utility like Free File sync to do one way mirrors from documents to dropbox
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #7
Tech Guy
Leftcoast, USA
Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 2 XL, Basic Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
,,, keep a COPY of calibre library folder in dropbox, not the original, and maintain it with a sync utility like Free File sync to do one way mirrors from documents to dropbox
That's exactly the way I do it. From my desktop, I use my source database, and sync it to Dropbox whenever I add books.

I use Linux, and use a program called Synkron that works well.
Tech Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:08 PM   #8
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I use Dropbox, Updog and Calibre2OPDS (not in that order) to copy/backup my library.

Updog and Calibre2OPDS makes it easy to browse my library with Marvin or Mapleread using OPDS.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, iphone, mobile, windows_phone