Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #931
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvreviews View Post
Price reduced $100 to $599 now. Thinking if should plunge into this or the new iPAD pro.. Any thoughts?
Not sure if you're aware that on locked down DPT-RP1 you can only read and annotate PDFs.
But with new development at XDA this device is finally whole new world:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...5/post78140924
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:11 PM   #932
Virgilio1
Virgilio1 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthb View Post
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
http://www.sony.jp/digital-paper/pro...RP1/index.html
  • width*height*depth: 224*302.6*5.9mm
  • weight 349g
  • resolution: 1650*2200
  • 16GB of storage
  • support IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n / ac MIMO
  • Bluetooth 4.2
  • NFC
  • support PDF only
  • with Digital Paper App to transfer documents from and to PC
Start selling at June 5th(in Japan) at a price around 80000 JPY.
Ich hoffe, sie haben wieder ein flexibles Display verwendet, da der ursprüngliche DPT-S1 sehr robust ist.
Virgilio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #933
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvreviews View Post
Price reduced $100 to $599 now. Thinking if should plunge into this or the new iPAD pro.. Any thoughts?
I think it all boils down to the eyesight comfort. I use ipad pro in many cases when I need to work with both text, and various editing needs, employ other programs, and also have access to the internet, word, etc.

But if I need only calm reading, especially when the eyes are tired, the calm e-ink is more eyes friendly for me. But there are some folks who are not affected by it.

Also, the whiteness of ipad's text's backgrounds (when it is white, of course) is a little better than the somewhat greish background of RP1. Perhaps the background of CP1 is a little bit whiter, but I have not personally seen it.
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote