Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
J_statt
J_statt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Others cannot access the content server.

I recently found out that Calibre has a content server to share ebooks with people. So I followed the steps to set it up using this guide https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html

But, for some reason, every time I try to get someone on my home network or on a separate network to access the server it times out and they can't get on.

I've enabled port forwarding, made it so Calibre and its server are allowed through my firewall, and attempted to access it with 2 different browsers to no avail.

Is there any fix for this issue?
J_statt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It ain't Broke I use it every day (from inside my LAN)

A) A LAN access does not need port forwarding.
B) How is the server connected to the LAN ? Y
C) our WiFi may be set to block peer to peer
D) You may be on different Bands or a different subnet
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:16 AM   #3
J_statt
J_statt began at the beginning.

Device: none
I managed to fix the issue by restarting and updating my computer. Guess it was just a windows issue. Thanks for the help!
J_statt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:31 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_statt View Post
I managed to fix the issue by restarting and updating my computer. Guess it was just a windows issue. Thanks for the help!
Windows half-done Updates that need a reboot, meanwhile killing thing silently (or not so quietly), just breaking things it should have waited for a reboot cycle to put in place.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
server connection problem