Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2022, 07:04 PM   #1
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Kobo Super Points program changing

I received an email from Kobo that the Super Points program is changing. If you have Super Points and wish to continue earning and using them, you will need to purchase a VIP membership by 2022-Sep-19. Otherwise, you will no longer earn points and will need to use your existing points by 2023-Aug-19. They are offering a code 50VIP to save 50% on the cost of the VIP membership.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo_VIP.png
Views:	107
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	195974  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 07:16 PM   #2
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Not seeing anything like that in my mailbox. Checked my Kobo points page too and there's nothing like it showing. But I'm a VIP member so maybe it's only a non-member thing?
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:07 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie View Post
Not seeing anything like that in my mailbox. Checked my Kobo points page too and there's nothing like it showing. But I'm a VIP member so maybe it's only a non-member thing?
I have nothing, either, in my mailbox.

I do, however, have a VIP membership. (Wasn't it 10 bucks?)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-19-2022 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Correction: 'am' to 'do'
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:33 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I didn't get one either. It seems likely that if the the crux of the message is "no points unless VIP" there's no point in sending it to VIPs
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:18 PM   #5
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I did get it in one of three accounts I have. None have VIP and I believe two have points or have at least earned and spent points prior to now.

So having VIP is only part of the mystery of not getting a notification about this.

All three accounts are US based and as much the same as they can be aside from purchases.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:07 PM   #6
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I received an email, it's rather different to David's (no VIP code for me) but it does have the following link:
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/articles/7699806982039

From reading the article it seems that it is for Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, and United Kingdom based accounts.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:28 AM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Kobo Super Points program changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_S View Post
I received an email, it's rather different to David's (no VIP code for me) but it does have the following link:
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/articles/7699806982039

From reading the article it seems that it is for Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, and United Kingdom based accounts.

Although the United States isn’t listed, it’s hard to see why we won’t be included with this. Perhaps changes will come another month around the corner?
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:45 PM   #8
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I received an email from Kobo that the Super Points program is changing. If you have Super Points and wish to continue earning and using them, you will need to purchase a VIP membership by 2022-Sep-19. Otherwise, you will no longer earn points and will need to use your existing points by 2023-Aug-19. They are offering a code 50VIP to save 50% on the cost of the VIP membership.
I never saw superpoints awarded unless you are a VIP member first?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:16 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I never saw superpoints awarded unless you are a VIP member first?
VIP members get more points for the same purchase as regular members.

Edit: perhaps that should now be got since the program is changing.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote