Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
eek! 4 kindles now show up on my manage kindle page

so i finally got fed up with my 5-way controller not working properly (i posted that it started to work after a restart, but the issue came back shortly afterward)...

i called up amazon on Saturday to get a replacement sent out, and now when I go to my manage kindle page, it shows 4 kindles.. Only one has an email address, so I am figuring that is the one I currently have.. my current kindle is actually my second. I returned the first cause it had the sun fading issue, but I deregisterd it immediately afterwards. So I'm guessing one of the other 3 is probably the new kindle they are shipping me.. but what is with the other 2?!

any ideas? I will probably call amazon support after I receive the replacement kindle tomorrow, just thought I would post here to see if anyone else has seen this...
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxrLvr View Post
so i finally got fed up with my 5-way controller not working properly (i posted that it started to work after a restart, but the issue came back shortly afterward)...

i called up amazon on Saturday to get a replacement sent out, and now when I go to my manage kindle page, it shows 4 kindles.. Only one has an email address, so I am figuring that is the one I currently have.. my current kindle is actually my second. I returned the first cause it had the sun fading issue, but I deregisterd it immediately afterwards. So I'm guessing one of the other 3 is probably the new kindle they are shipping me.. but what is with the other 2?!

any ideas? I will probably call amazon support after I receive the replacement kindle tomorrow, just thought I would post here to see if anyone else has seen this...
Happy birthday??
The computer hiccupped?
Pre-placed replacements for the unit now shipping?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Seriously, keep an eye on your credit card account - just in case!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
bxrLvr
Connoisseur

ya, just went and de-registered all but the new one i got today..
Old 08-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Did you resistered your ipod touch with kindle application?
After I resistered my K1, I resistered my ipod touch 1st generation too.
And my <manage your kindle> said I have 2 kindle now....
Also, when I resistered my ipod touch 2nd generation, it told me that I have 3st Kindle.
Hmm..
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
bxrLvr
Connoisseur

nope, dont have an ipod touch/iphone. the 3 other kindles appeared almost immediately after calling to get a replacement sent out.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
davem2bits
Enthusiast
davem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Voyage
Maybe some other Kindle owner(crook) has gotten access to your Amazon account and was stealing your Kindle library? Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if one of your purchased kbooks was d/l'd to the other Kindle's registered to your account with out calling Customer Support.

Good luck.
davem2bits is offline   Reply With Quote