Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
rambling
Enthusiast
rambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color, Asus Infinity
Meta info

Hi all,

I've been using Calibre to get books into my Sony. I noticed that when I update the meta information and upload the book to the device the new meta info isn't being reflected in the uploaded books. In the device the title, author etc. are still the old pre-updated data. If I upload the file again overwriting the old one then the new meta info is reflected. Is there some step I'm missing or is this normal?

Update - found the reason. Calibre meta info is internal only, the actual PDF's metadata doesn't change hence the reader seeing the 'old' metadata. To change the file's metadata you need an external application like adobe acrobat full version or BeCyPDFMetaEdit.

Last edited by rambling; 11-26-2008 at 09:35 PM.
rambling is offline   Reply With Quote