Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
crewpsu
crewpsu began at the beginning.

Device: non currently
Cover pictures in Mobipocket

Hello everyone,
I recently downloaded a copy of Mobipocket 6.0 from a kindle thread. I've since downloaded a few books from the Baen free library to check it out. My question is when I view my library in Mobipocket the covers of the books I downloaded do not show up, instead there is just a generic cover that has the title of the book. Is there a way that the actual cover of the book can be displayed? Thank you for your time.

Kurt
crewpsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The short answer is: use mobi2mobi to generate new versions of the files with better metadata, see PRC to MOBI.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
No reason to generate a new version of the file. Just replace the .t2b file (which is the thumbnail picture of the book cover that is displayed in the CyBook) to one you create with the small program that ashalan created - see the 3rd reply in this thread for a link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...cythumbcreator

I've used it and it works very well.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #4
crewpsu
crewpsu began at the beginning.

Device: non currently
Ok, thank you for the replies. I'm only using the Mobipocket reader on my laptop (windows xp) as I do not have a reader yet. Is there a way to change the cover that shows up in my library? I went to the link for mobi to mobi but seems slightly difficult. Is there an easier way? Thank you all for stopping by and helping me out.
crewpsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Hmm if you're geeky enough, I recommend creating your own OPF and HTML files to generate your Mobipocket books. For covers in an OPF: http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...ages.htm#cover

I've recently added support for covers on Feedbooks using this link.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Note that whereas the CyBook uses the main book cover for its library image, the Windows Mobipocket Reader uses the thumbnail image. These are not the same. If you only have a main cover image (as the books that I create have, for example), you won't see a cover image in the "library" screen of the Windows mobi reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote