Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
Changing Text to Speech voice packs

Is there a way to change the voice packs that the Kindle uses for Text-to-speech? I do obviously know how to switch the selected gender voice on the device, but that's not what I'm asking about. I find that there are various other TTS voice packs out there that are far superior, but I don't want to be confined to using TextAloud on my PC to utilize them.

Whether this requires a hack, or even Duokan (though preferably not, if possible) I still want to know if/how this can be done.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, there's currently no way to install new voices.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
calvin
DRM remover
calvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4 & Touch, iPhone/iPad, Hanvon N516 (OpenInkpot)
no thats not true, there is actually a polish hacker who has a working TTS running in polish and french
Attention google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translat...tbb=1&ie=UTF-8
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
WalkingDistance
Connoisseur
WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!WalkingDistance is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle 3
What Calvin said.

There's a thread here on mobileread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...28#post1503628

You can also get UK english too with this method.

Last edited by WalkingDistance; 04-21-2011 at 02:09 PM.
WalkingDistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
hazeybabes1
hazeybabes1
hazeybabes1 began at the beginning.

Device: I have the kindle 3G
Please can someone help me to load a british voice to my amazon kindle 3g as when I looked in directory there were no files there but two dreadful voices could be used?
hazeybabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert