Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
rsevero
rsevero began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Problem converting (huge) HTML file do MOBI

I'm trying to convert a (huge) HTML page to MOBI with calibre 0.7.59. When I press the "Ok" button on the convert window calibre closes imediatly. I already tried turning on debug options but couldn't get any info: debug output files are always empty. I tried the file as one single page and as 20 separate pages. The same problem happens on all cases. What should I do to further debug this issue?

The HTML page to be converted is http://www.zabbix.com/documentation/1.8/complete
rsevero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A 1MB HTML file is not particularly large. That file converted for me in under a minute in calibre.

Try going to Preferences->Look & Feel and change your interface font to something standard like verdana/arial/candara (I'm assuming you're on windows).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert