Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Automate Trook Downloads (cron-like)?

Question for you trook freaks out there.

I have a Classic, but I would imagine it would be the same question for the Color as well.

Is there any way to set up some sort of scheduling or cron task on the Nook? In a dream world, I would have have my Nook wake up at 6:30 am, open a wi-fi connection, and download all of my new Calibre files (from recipes).

This way I could have Calibre run the recipes starting, say, at 5:30 and be off and running.

Not having installed Trook yet, is there a way to manually download a bunch of Epubs (an entire OPDS) from a directory? Either local folder-share or a dropbox account...

Thanks,
Sped
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Just one bump on this after a couple months...
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
richard_iii
Coder extrordinaire
richard_iii began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Don't know anything about it but a quick google search turned up this
http://hub.buzzbox.com/android-sdk/scheduler
richard_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Tasker is generally the automation/scheduling app of choice for Android devices. I don't know if it will work on the Classic, but it would certainly be an option on the Color. I'm pretty sure Lifehacker has written up some guides on syncing Dropbox folders to an Android device with Tasker.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
TaskBomb

I am trying out a new "cron" like app in the Android Market called TaskBomb. It is a free app, so there is little risk in trying it out. So far, it is working fine for me once I began to understand it's operating paradigm.
As I recall, I did not get "cron" itself figured out any faster.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
spedinfargo
Groupie

I would imagine as the Nook Color is becoming a full-on Android tablet, this will become lots easier.

For those of us that live on our Nook Classic (and soon-to-be hopefully-rooted-soon Nook Touch) options are going to be more limited.

I did just run across this brand-new thing: NookOPDS which is a python script that will do EXACTLY what I want:

http://code.google.com/p/nookdevs/is...ail?id=169#c23

I need to track down the two people in that thread to see how it works - I can't figure out where the python script plugs in... It looks to me like it can be hooked into NookLibrary... (?)