Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
Sideloaded material disappears

My wife has been using a Nook since July. This week all of the side loaded material has disappeared from her documents folder, even the non-drm'd material.
It still appears as being on the Nook when viewed through ADE.

Any suggestions?

I was about to buy a second nook for my daughter but now I have my doubts.
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
I assume you mean that you can't see them from the NOOK, but you can see them from the computer.

It sounds like a bum file got added. NOOK displays sideloaded content by the title and author in the files, and if it finds a file that it can't extract a title and author from, it tends to just give up on the whole thing.

See what files got added recently and take them off.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll give it a try.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
obs20
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
I assume you mean that you can't see them from the NOOK, but you can see them from the computer.

It sounds like a bum file got added. NOOK displays sideloaded content by the title and author in the files, and if it finds a file that it can't extract a title and author from, it tends to just give up on the whole thing.

See what files got added recently and take them off.
Thanks but that didn't seem to work.