Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
[Android] Problem connecting CC to Calibre

Hi guys:
I just take a time while I watching the Superbowl 52.
I have CC in my tablet, and I just transfering files from my PC with Calibre. For now, I have 12543 files in my tablet and 20804 with Calibre.
I use the opcion "to Content Server" to transfer files from Calibre to my Tablet. Everything was fine until yesterday, when CC simply informed me that I could not save the files.
Now I have 12543 in my tablet, but in Calibre I have marked 12542 files that should be in the tablet. So I try connecting CC to Calibre with the opcion "Wireless Device / don't sync books", and CC was waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and finally, Calibre show me this message:

calibre, version 3.16.0
ERROR: Error: Error en la comunicación con el dispositivo

There was a timeout while communicating with the device in function: Device did not respond in reasonable time

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 510, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1284, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 642, in _call_client
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 674, in _receive_from_client
TimeoutError: There was a timeout while communicating with the device in function: Device did not respond in reasonable time

What happen? Please help me.
Sorry if I make a mistake with my grammar, please :-(
Best regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My apologies for the time to respond. I am traveling.

I suspect that one or both of two things is happening.
  1. By default, CC scans for new books when you connect. On some devices, and especially on some SD cards, the scan process can take so long that calibre times out. You can turn off the scan in CC's Settings / Connecting to calibre / Wireless device.
  2. When there are a lot of books on a device the file system can become very slow. This is especially true if the books are on an SD card. See our FAQ [Android] I have added a lot of books and now adding books takes forever. What do I do?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for answering. I try the solutions in the article, but nothing. The problem start when I transfer my books from my PC to my tablet, in groups of 500 and recently 1000 by 1000. The last transfer I recibe this message:

Calibre Companion can't save XXX in your device (or something like that)

I have enough space in my SD card, I'm sure. Now, CC tell me I have 3 more books than I send before, and I try to check wich books are, so then I try to sync CC and that's all, I can't.

I'm thinking delete all the books I send and start again, but , if the problem persists?

Sorry my grammar, correct me if it's necessary please
Blessings
Old 02-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post
Thanks for answering. I try the solutions in the article, but nothing. The problem start when I transfer my books from my PC to my tablet, in groups of 500 and recently 1000 by 1000. The last transfer I recibe this message:

Calibre Companion can't save XXX in your device (or something like that)

I have enough space in my SD card, I'm sure. Now, CC tell me I have 3 more books than I send before, and I try to check wich books are, so then I try to sync CC and that's all, I can't.

I'm thinking delete all the books I send and start again, but , if the problem persists?

Sorry my grammar, correct me if it's necessary please
Blessings
That sounds like the "too many files in one folder" problem that SD cards can have. The same "Use a CC template" solution as described in the FAQ would fix it, with the addition that you need to delete and resend around 100 books after making the changes to the template.

I can give more information if you send me a CC debug log. See our FAQ How do I get help? for instructions on how to send the log.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #5
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Ok, this is the log:

Spoiler:
calibre Registro de depuración
calibre 3.17 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'Vista', '6.0.6002')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('Vista', '6.0.6002', 'SP2', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 13) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Goodreads Sync (1, 11, 0) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 74) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column GUI (2, 2, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && EpubSplit (2, 3, 0) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && Author Book Count Hierarchy (1, 1, 8) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && Library Splitter (1, 0, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Import List (1, 3, 0) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 1) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 7)
calibre 3.17 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'Vista', '6.0.6002')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('Vista', '6.0.6002', 'SP2', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 13) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Goodreads Sync (1, 11, 0) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 74) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column GUI (2, 2, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && EpubSplit (2, 3, 0) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && Author Book Count Hierarchy (1, 1, 8) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && Library Splitter (1, 0, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Import List (1, 3, 0) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 1) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 7)
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 72.0567375887 x 71.8867924528
Using calibre Qt style: True
Starting up...
Failed to load cached store: ozon_ru
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\loader.py", line 91, in load_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\loader.py", line 178, in load_object
File "<string>", line 0
SyntaxError: encoding declaration in Unicode string
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
DEBUG: 0.0 HttpHelper::__init__: proxy=None
MCS has finished initialization...
EpubMerge: DEBUG: 2018-02-13 11:17:38,575: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin(152): macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\Romulo\AppData\Roaming\calibre\ plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
SMART_DEV ( 0.00: 0.002) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 1.03: 0.802) _startup_on_demand listening on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 1.21: 0.001) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 54982
SMART_DEV ( 1.34: 0.001) _startup_on_demand broadcast socket listening on port 54982
Started up in 13.47 seconds with 21061 books
SMART_DEV ( 2.60: 1.155) run All IP addresses {'{E47F594C-9B70-42E3-B725-8C957FA00D0D}': [{'netmask': u'255.255.255.255', 'addr': u'192.168.1.3', 'broadcast': u'192.168.1.3'}], '{C328FED4-6A85-11DB-9FBD-806E6F6E6963}': [{'netmask': u'255.255.255.255', 'addr': u'127.0.0.1', 'broadcast': u'127.0.0.1'}], '{52907083-ACDF-49F3-80FA-8CD5DCEB291E}': [{'netmask': u'255.255.255.255', 'addr': u'192.168.1.4', 'broadcast': u'192.168.1.4'}]}
SMART_DEV ( 21.89: 19.265) run received broadcast ('localhost', ('192.168.1.2', 54982)) calibre wireless device client (on Romulo1);8080,9090
SMART_DEV ( 21.92: 0.000) run received broadcast ('localhost', ('192.168.1.2', 54982)) calibre wireless device client (on Romulo1);8080,9090
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:60 1: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

Last edited by chaley; 02-13-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Added "spoiler"
Advert
Old 02-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, this is the log:
That is a calibre debug log. I need a CC debug log.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:21 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, this is the log:
Assuming you sent me a debug log this morning from "calibretablet":
  • You are running version 4.3.4.4 of CC, which is 2 years old. Is there a reason you have not upgraded? In any event, unless you upgrade I probably won't be able to help you beyond what I write here.
  • Android on your tablet is telling CC that the SD card is out of space. Given that you are running Android 4.1 and that all of your books are in the same folder, this means that either the SD card is really out of space or that there are too many files in that single folder. For the first problem you must made some space (but I don't think this is really the problem). The FAQ tells you how to deal with the second problem (which I think is the real problem), although I cannot say with certainty that it works on such an old version of CC.
  • Another way to fix it is to delete some books and not try to put so many on the tablet.
Note that this is not a CC problem, but is instead a limitation of the file system used on SD cards.