Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 08-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #31
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I want to know more about our members here so I'm going to nominate:

Our Favo(u)rite Books: nominations are books that are one of the nominator's favourites with no genre or topic limiations (2)
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #32
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post

Our Favo(u)rite Books: nominations are books that are one of the nominator's favourites with no genre or topic limiations (2)
Second Our Favo(u)rite Books.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can we make it such that the short story anthologies do not contain any stories that are part of a series?
Quote:
^That's a reasonable request. Most anthologies from a single author don't usually contain such things, but we could always skip given titles from discussion or spoiler anything involving those....
I think it's an unnecessary addition. I think that if stories that are part of a series are something people find undesirable, that rule or no rule, such books won't win the vote and may not even get so far as a third nomination.

That's just my 2¢.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #34
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'll nominate Award Winners (fiction)
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #35
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll second Contemporary.
Advert
Old 08-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Second Horror; always a fun category.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-04-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #37
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
I'll third Horror and second Romance and Non-Fiction.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #38
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I nominate-

Originally Non-English
I like this category because it gives us nominations from across the globe.

I'm interested in inspirational fiction if it's nonreligious. I'm not big on a month for Christian-themed nominations but otherwise I really like the idea of inspiring books.

ETA - Because the nominations are moving so quickly, I nominate-

Inspirational Stories (nonreligious)
This can also be either fiction or non-fiction, but it should be a narrative.

Last edited by sun surfer; 08-04-2015 at 12:24 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #39
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

I really like this idea, but I usually don't like to nominate books I've already read, so...

I'll nominate Free-For-All.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #40
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I'll third Our Favo(u)rite Books and third Non-Fiction.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:46 AM   #41
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
I'm pretty sure Humour wasn't seconded. If not, I second it.

These won't go anywhere, but having just read Blood Bones and Butter I was reminded of how much I love books with a food theme (not cookbooks). And there is such a growing list to choose from! So, I nominate Food books.

I'd also like to nominate Sports Fiction.
Hmmm...does it really need to be Fiction, or could it also be something like:

Dave Bidini's books Tropic of Hockey and Home and Away?
Old 08-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #42
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

I'm going to nominate the Patricia Clarke Memorial Library (PCML) (3). While this hasn't proven to be our most popular month in the past it is an important part of MobileRead. We should pay homage to one of the reasons MobileRead exists and why some members are here and give a nod to the people that work hard keeping the library going.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #43
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Second Originally Non-English
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #44
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Ha! Horror is the 13th to be fully nominated.

Most fitting.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #45
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I really like this idea, but I usually don't like to nominate books I've already read, so...

I'll nominate Free-For-All.
Note: we already have one Free-For-All month (see post #1), but I certainly have no objection to a second or even a third one.