Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #76
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Can BRISS be used as command line with setting top, left, right and bottom crop box?

It will be very useful if there are many PDF files to be cropped.
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #77
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi and thx for the suggestions!

*) There is an exiting feature request by ugomatic for automatically cropping pdf. I made some thoughts and it should be possible to implement such a feature but will take some spare time and at the moment I've plenty of other things todo.

*) Removing pages was suggested by hanselda. This one should be easier but requires some testing. I think this will be the next feature I'm going to implement.

@sark: Did you try to use the function to set all crop-boxes to the size of the biggest crop-box? Wouldn't this help you in creating 3 equally sized crop-boxes?

Cheers,
Gerhard
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #78
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
@laborg

I think I see what you mean in that when I make the first box it will draw the green outline on the next box to allow you to approximately make one the same size, my problem is I guess I'm a bad judge of a third of the page. ie. I make the first box which I estimate is a third of the page, make a second one the same size by the green outline, then go to make the third and realize that the green box is too much for the lower third, as I mis-estimated on my first third. So then I delete all 3 and rinse and repeat till I kinda get it right.

Also, I still have the problem of chopping mid-line so now I'm making the boxes overlap a little to ensure a line isn't missing so it's repeated on the next page. I think being able to zoom in and see if you are making a box mid-line might help prevent this. Assuming of course a book would keep the same line spacing consistently.

Unless you mean something else when you say 'Did you try to use the function to set all crop-boxes to the size of the biggest crop-box?'
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:09 AM   #79
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark666 View Post
@laborg

Unless you mean something else when you say 'Did you try to use the function to set all crop-boxes to the size of the biggest crop-box?'
I think he meant use the 'Maximise to height' and/or 'Maximise to width' buttons with all 3 of your boxes selected. Then they will all end up the same height and/or width as the tallest/widest of the three.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #80
sark666
Connoisseur

Acutally I couldn't get those buttons working. I'll try again, but I don't see how that will help me chop the page evenly in 3 slices.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #81
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You will still need to draw 3 boxes to cover the page but you don't need to be ultra-careful about sizing them. Once you've used the Maximise buttons you will end up with 3 equally sized boxes. However the box overlap areas will probably be bigger than you originally drew them.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #82
sark666
Connoisseur

Ok I'll try and play with that, but again they may be equally sized but the combined height of the 3 boxes doesn't necessarily equal the height of the page. That's what I'm after. As it is, I keep estimating the first one to cover the entire page equally and since I'm off the 3rd has greater zoom because I end up making it smaller than the other 2 or otherwise it bleeds off the page.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 AM   #83
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Ok, I must be missing something, as my cropped file stays 0Kb large...

Do I have to install extra things, beside java?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:34 AM   #84
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Hi!

Sorry for being a bit slow to react on bugs/features (Common excuse: much work todo).

@sweetpea
There are no extra requirement besides java for BRISS. Which java version are you running? (just type "java -version" into the terminal). If it's not working for you just send me the file and I will have a look at it.

@sark666
I'm not quite sure if your requirement to have a perfect partition of crop areas is desirable. I think I don't see the immediate benefit. Would it be helpful for you to have a graphical raster on every page (lets say: cut in halfs, in thirds, quarters) so you could do it manually?

Greetings,
gerhard
Old 08-31-2010, 03:38 AM   #85
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
@sweetpea
There are no extra requirement besides java for BRISS. Which java version are you running? (just type "java -version" into the terminal). If it's not working for you just send me the file and I will have a look at it.
I might have found the problem... It says it's a secured book...
Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 AM   #86
laborg
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I might have found the problem... It says it's a secured book...
aha... I've never tested one of those...
Old 08-31-2010, 04:06 AM   #87
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
aha... I've never tested one of those...
Well, for your information, it won't give an error. It will open the book, allow you to make the selection and when you say "crop", it will create an empty file.

It was only when I opened the original PDF in a PDF reader that I noticed it was secured
Old 09-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #88
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
For a 300 page book do I have to do 300 rectangles? My rectangles are cutting out important content.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #89
laborg
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
For a 300 page book do I have to do 300 rectangles? My rectangles are cutting out important content.
nope. pages with the same size are merged to one.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #90
vague_hit
vague_hit began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
hi there

I have read every page in this topic and also downloaded the latest java runtime and looked up tutorials on the net but just cannot get briss working! when I try i get an error about a missing class file.

Can anyone tell me a simple step-by-step way of running Briss from the start? I'm running a windows 7 pc.

thanks!
vague_hit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cropping pdf, pdf