Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
5 inch Android phone with 4:3 aspect ratio

This look like a good device for reading specially for people that don't like the
aspect ratio in current phones at its pixel density it might be good for reading pdf documents at full size.

http://androidandme.com/2012/02/devi...-aspect-ratio/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I doubt it'll be good for reading pdf documents at full size (even my 7" is way too small for that), but it would be a good reader for those that don't complain about eye-soreness when reading backlit screens.

If the price were right, I might even get one. (but I doubt the price would be right...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Would prefer 3:2 aspect ratio

I have had two 5" 4:3 aspect ration ereaders; the Sony PRS350 and the Pocketbook 360. They just don't look right. The 3" width is OK but 4" just isn't high enough.

I think the ideal ereader (light and portable) would be 5.5" 3:2 aspect ratio. This would give you a screen size of approximately 4.5x3". An amoled 900x600 (200dpi) @ 8oz would make me happy.

I have a Galaxy Player 5.0 due here tomorrow (5" 5:3 aspect ratio). I'm hoping this will do the trick but 15:9 is real close to 16:9 and is not my favorite aspect ratio.

I think we should let Samsung make it.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I have a Galaxy Player 5.0 due here tomorrow (5" 5:3 aspect ratio). I'm hoping this will do the trick but 15:9 is real close to 16:9 and is not my favorite aspect ratio.

I think we should let Samsung make it.

Regards - John
I have a Galaxy Player 5.0 and love it. Have the Kindle app on it and it works fine for me.

You should have your now, how is it working out for you? Are you happy with it?
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
I have a Galaxy Player 5.0 and love it. Have the Kindle app on it and it works fine for me.

You should have your now, how is it working out for you? Are you happy with it?
This is has moved into first place as my favorite tablet/ereader. I hope the battery life I am getting is no fluke.

When I got the Player 5 I pulled it out of the box and put it on the charger overnight The next day I started downloading apps, checking which video formats worked, read awhile and in general gave it a thorough shake down. It ran everything I threw at it without a burp, and did so for 11.5 hours! I am really impressed.

Regards - John
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
This is has moved into first place as my favorite tablet/ereader. I hope the battery life I am getting is no fluke.

When I got the Player 5 I pulled it out of the box and put it on the charger overnight The next day I started downloading apps, checking which video formats worked, read awhile and in general gave it a thorough shake down. It ran everything I threw at it without a burp, and did so for 11.5 hours! I am really impressed.

Regards - John
Good to hear you are really happy with it. There is an active forum for this player at anythingbutipod:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...play.php?f=238
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Good to hear you are really happy with it. There is an active forum for this player at anythingbutipod:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...play.php?f=238
Thanks for the link - seems like a nice forum.

Regard - John
Old 02-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I just saw a shop with a 3.6" (or was it 3.7") player. A budget version of the budget 4" version
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote