Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Wow the iPad! A big iPod Touch...So What?

I am no Apple lover, but I am not an Apple hater either.

I am, however, totally unimpressed with the iPad product. There is nothing new here, except a new way to leverage the iTunes Store for Apple's profit, a bigger screen and some incremental improvements to software.

From an ereader point of view, I suspect they want to establish the iPad as the new Kindle and then chain its users to the iTunes store.

Pricing is high, storage is limited and NOT expandable, without a memory card slot, this is a toy not a computer for your music, photos or anything else. In six months a 128mb unit will probably be available without an upgrade path for the leading edge consumers that purchase this thing.

My humble opinion, FWIW

Uncle Eric
Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by estral View Post
I am no Apple lover, but I am not an Apple hater either.

I am, however, totally unimpressed with the iPad product. There is nothing new here, except a new way to leverage the iTunes Store for Apple's profit, a bigger screen and some incremental improvements to software.

From an ereader point of view, I suspect they want to establish the iPad as the new Kindle and then chain its users to the iTunes store.

Pricing is high, storage is limited and NOT expandable, without a memory card slot, this is a toy not a computer for your music, photos or anything else. In six months a 128mb unit will probably be available without an upgrade path for the leading edge consumers that purchase this thing.

My humble opinion, FWIW

Uncle Eric
so what ereader comes with 64 gig (i am sure you meant 128 gig also)

64 gigs is a lot of stinkin' books plus, web, plus movies etc etc
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok, lets try to keep the duplicate threads about this down to none.

Please go here and discuss this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71408

BOb
Closed Thread