Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 04:26 AM   #3076
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I've installed Thunderbird and had planned to use this both as an rss-reader and an email-client to use for calibre.

But when I move a message from the rss feed portion to the inbox of the mail portion, even though I can see the link in the mail program, Calibre doesn't pick up the link.

I've attached a screenshot to show an example.

Can it be added so it's possible to see the line called "websted" and the following link? Websted means wesbite.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Email.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	167798  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:03 AM   #3077
fanfictioneer
fanfictioneer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I've installed Thunderbird and had planned to use this both as an rss-reader and an email-client to use for calibre.

But when I move a message from the rss feed portion to the inbox of the mail portion, even though I can see the link in the mail program, Calibre doesn't pick up the link.

I've attached a screenshot to show an example.

Can it be added so it's possible to see the line called "websted" and the following link? Websted means wesbite.

Thanks
First of all, Calibre does not interact with Thunderbird - it uses its own client to connect to a mail server. What you can do is to have Thunderbird move all fanfic notifications to their own server-side folder. This is usually only possible to do if you have IMAP access to your mail server - if you use POP3 you are out of luck.

Secondly, because Calibre accesses the mail server, it does not see mail the same way you do in Thunderbird - for instance, the mail headers are (AFAIK) not localized to your language. This means that your question about the "websted" can not really be implemented directly... unless you wish to rephrase your feature request as "please make FanFicFare capable of reading a RSS feed, such as the one Thunderbird can provide?"

I really recommend using a mail website such as Zoho.com (not affiliated to them, but a happy user) for your fanfic notifications. Set up rules in Zoho to move notifications to a "Notifications" folder, and have Calibre get mail using IMAP and that folder. Bam! Works great. If you are active in the fanfic community and not a lurker like me, you will have to have two accounts and swap between them when following stories, which is a bit kludgy.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:
Possible feature?

I would like to update fanfics when the number of story chapters have increased, even if the total number of chapters have decreased. This is currently happening for me with Marked for Death: A Rational Naruto Quest. Not sure what category causes problems - maybe a configurable parameter such as:
Code:
do_not_count_threadmark_categories_when_deciding_whether_to_update = Staff Posts, Informational, Side Story, Omake
or
Code:
only_count_these_threadmark_categories_when_deciding_whether_to_update = Main, Side Story, Omake

Last edited by fanfictioneer; 11-18-2018 at 06:14 AM.
fanfictioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:16 AM   #3078
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

If this
Quote:
"please make FanFicFare capable of reading a RSS feed, such as the one Thunderbird can provide?"
would be possible that would be fantastic.

I think it's an imap server as I use my google mail in Thunderbird, but I don't know how to set-up this:
Quote:
What you can do is to have Thunderbird move all fanfic notifications to their own server-side folder.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:23 AM   #3079
fanfictioneer
fanfictioneer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
If this would be possible that would be fantastic.

I think it's an imap server as I use my google mail in Thunderbird, but I don't know how to set-up this:
This link should have info on setting up rules:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en

If you use labels, they should be considered folders for IMAP, based on this link:
https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/gmailroot.htm
fanfictioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #3080
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I already have labels on but it doesn't collect the links anyway because it can't see the link in the way it's set-up from thunderbird.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #3081
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbunny View Post
First want to thank you for a great plug-in ... I really love it ..
Not, sure I missed something ... but when I generate an Anthology epub with this plug-in ... I get a cover generated is the default style ... not what I have configued in the "generate covers" plug-in ... Have I missed something, or is this not capable currently .. in general my anthologies come from the same site and don't cross source sites.
if it is not currently capable perhaps this can be added to the wish list ...
FanFicFare has a ton of cover generation options. From your short description, I can't tell what settings you are using well enough to offer specific advice.

Personally, I have a Generate Cover setting named FFDL, and I use generate_cover_settings in personal.ini to apply it to anthologies:
Code:
[epub]
add_to_generate_cover_settings:
 ${anthology}=>true=>FFDL
The 'Allow generate_cover_settings' checkbox at the bottom of the Generate Cover settings tab must be checked.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM   #3082
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfictioneer View Post
I would like to update fanfics when the number of story chapters have increased, even if the total number of chapters have decreased.
There is already a feature for not including configured categories of threadmarks:

Code:
## xenforoforum has categories of threadmarks.  This setting allows
## you to leave out categories you don't want.  Skipping categories
## will also speed downloads as categories other than 'Threadmarks'
## don't use Reader Mode.
## The last known list of categories is:
## Threadmarks,Sidestory,Apocrypha,Media,Informational,Staff Post
#skip_threadmarks_categories:Staff Post
Trying to change the chapter count for purposes of update decision while still actually including those chapters is more complex than I want to deal with for an unusual corner case.

Quote:

I'm not very interested in doing anything special for RSS feed.

However, if you can copy an RSS message into an IMAP folder such that it looks like an email and mark it unread, I believe FFF will pick it up.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #3083
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I'm not very interested in doing anything special for RSS feed.

However, if you can copy an RSS message into an IMAP folder such that it looks like an email and mark it unread, I believe FFF will pick it up.
Not a problem, when I found out it didn't work as I had hoped.

Thanks for your dedication.
Old Today, 03:11 AM   #3084
beachbunny
beachbunny began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi & touch , Nexus 7 & 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FanFicFare has a ton of cover generation options. From your short description, I can't tell what settings you are using well enough to offer specific advice.

Personally, I have a Generate Cover setting named FFDL, and I use generate_cover_settings in personal.ini to apply it to anthologies:
Code:
[epub]
add_to_generate_cover_settings:
 ${anthology}=>true=>FFDL
The 'Allow generate_cover_settings' checkbox at the bottom of the Generate Cover settings tab must be checked.
Thanks ... I created a cover for Anthologies and replaced the "FFDL" with that name and now have a unique cover for Anthologies ...

if I drop the "=>FFDL" portion does it use what is coded in the Generate Cover Plugin by Kiwidude
beachbunny is offline   Reply With Quote