Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 09:47 PM   #4261
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Audible Freebies

I do believe I found 3 of Audible's next set of freebies. Please excuse, that I have forgotten how to non affiliate my links, so only going to post titles and authors so you can look them up yourself.

New Family Values by Andrew Solomon

Out of My Mind by Alan Arkin

Zero G by Dan Wells

You can pre-order now for $0.00 before the holidays. Hope they can be free for non members this way for those missing out due to membership.

Auntykatkat
Happy Thanksgiving to all

Last edited by tubemonkey; Yesterday at 09:16 AM. Reason: added liinks
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:18 PM   #4262
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
At Kobo, for $4.95. https://www.kobo.com/us/en/audiobook...-went-to-war-2.

When Books Went to War
The Stories That Helped Us Win World War II
by Molly Guptill Manning
Narrated by Bernadette Dunne
Synopsis
When America entered World War II in 1941, we faced an enemy that had banned and burned over 100 million books and caused fearful citizens to hide or destroy many more. Outraged librarians launched a campaign to send free books to American troops and gathered 20 million hardcover donations. In 1943 the War Department and the publishing industry stepped in with an extraordinary program: 120 million small, lightweight paperbacks for troops to carry in their pockets and their rucksacks in every theater of war.Comprising 1,200 different titles of every imaginable type, these paperbacks were beloved by the troops and are still fondly remembered today. Soldiers read them while waiting to land at Normandy, in hellish trenches in the midst of battles in the Pacific, in field hospitals, and on long bombing flights. They wrote to the authors, many of whom responded to every letter. They helped rescue The Great Gatsby from obscurity. They made Betty Smith, author of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, into a national icon. When Books Went to War is an inspiring story for history buffs and book lovers alike.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:22 PM   #4263
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At Kobo, also; $4.95 also. https://www.kobo.com/us/en/audiobook/the-war-below-2.

The War Below
The Story of Three Submarines That Battled Japan
by James Scott
Narrated by Donald Corren
Synopsis
Expand/Collapse Synopsis
The riveting story of the submarine force that helped win World War II by ravaging Japan's merchant fleet and destroying its economy

The War Below is a dramatic account of extraordinary heroism, ingenuity, and perseverance-and the vital role American submarines played in winning the Pacific War. Focusing on the unique stories of the submarines Silversides, Drum, and Tang-and the men who skippered and crewed them-James Scott takes readers beneath the waves to experience the thrill of a direct hit on a merchant ship and the terror of depth charge attacks. It's a story filled with incredible feats of courage, including an emergency appendectomy performed with spoons by an inexperienced medic and the desperate struggle of sailors to escape from a flooded submarine stuck on the bottom, as well as tragic moments such as American submarines sinking an unmarked enemy ship carrying some 1,800 American POWs.

The casualty rate among submariners topped that of all military branches, a staggering six times higher than the surface navy. The war claimed almost one out of every five boats. But Japan was so ravaged by the loss of precious fuel and supplies that by war's end, Japanese warships lay at anchor while hungry civilians ate sawdust. Scott paints an unforgettable picture of the dangerous life submariners endured, including the atrocious prison camps where the Japanese beat, tortured, and starved captured Allied troops. Based on more than one hundred interviews with submarine veterans and a review of more than three thousand pages of previously unpublished letters, diaries, and personal writings, The War Below allows readers to experience the Pacific War as never before.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-18-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM   #4264
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 + iPad Air 2
I found 2 scifi books from the sale that was on my want to read list, so I picked them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Last Day -- Planet Fitness Promo -- exp 18 Nov
That didn't work for me. It gave me a "promo code error".

Edit: Ach! One day too late!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM   #4265
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 19 Nov
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM   #4266
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
But I couldn't readily find out if I was being billed automatically, and I didn't want the monkey (no offense, tubemonkey ) on my back of keeping track of when that would be.
It's nigh on impossible to shake those monkeys

Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM   #4267
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Does anyone know if Audible ever addressed the issue whereby they deducted coupon credit on the basis of first in, first out, rather than on the basis of expiring first?

I've got $5 which needs to be used within a couple of weeks but is newer, and another $10 that's good for a few more months but is older. I suppose if it doesn't work out I could always fix it via phone call, but I spend far too much time chatting with Audible CS to fix things.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #4268
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I do believe I found 3 of Audible's next set of freebies. Please excuse, that I have forgotten how to non affiliate my links, so only going to post titles and authors so you can look them up yourself.

New Family Values by Andrew Solomon

Out of My Mind by Alan Arkin

Zero G by Dan Wells

You can pre-order now for $0.00 before the holidays. Hope they can be free for non members this way for those missing out due to membership.

Auntykatkat
Happy Thanksgiving to all
Thanks for posting these. I added the links.

These three books are all Audible Originals and are free for members with paid credit memberships. For everyone else (that's me), these books will cost you money.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM   #4269
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
That didn't work for me. It gave me a "promo code error".

Edit: Ach! One day too late!
If you go to the OP (opening post) of this thread and look under Audible, you'll see a list of all of the current promos that I'm aware of (look under Subscriptions). Try one of those and don't forget to open the spoiler boxes.

Tip: when I have several promos to choose from, I always start with the best deal and work my way downwards until I get one that works. Usually, I walk away empty handed. But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM   #4270
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Daily Deals -- exp 19 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT

KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #4271
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT

Last edited by KyBunnies; Today at 08:41 AM.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #4272
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If you go to the OP (opening post) of this thread and look under Audible, you'll see a list of all of the current promos that I'm aware of (look under Subscriptions). Try one of those and don't forget to open the spoiler boxes.

Tip: when I have several promos to choose from, I always start with the best deal and work my way downwards until I get one that works. Usually, I walk away empty handed. But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck
You're not a tubemonkey; you're a Godzilla.