Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #2146
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
30 Days of Dead

For Grateful Dead fans, it's time for the 2018 30 Days of Dead freebies--one mp3 track from the vault every day in November.

Going by past practice, the tracks stay available all month.

(I hasten to say that I am most definitely NOT a Deadhead, but the designated downloader for someone who is.)
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #2147
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
We're celebrating Destiny's first year on Blizzard Battle.net with a free digital copy of Destiny 2 on PC. Claim your gift by November 18:
https://www.destinythegame.com/battlenet
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:49 PM   #2148
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Jill of the Jungle trilogy free at GOG
https://www.gog.com/game/jill_of_the...mplete_trilogy
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #2149
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
For Grateful Dead fans, it's time for the 2018 30 Days of Dead freebies--one mp3 track from the vault every day in November.

Going by past practice, the tracks stay available all month.

(I hasten to say that I am most definitely NOT a Deadhead, but the designated downloader for someone who is.)
I've missed two or three of the tracks, and would like to download them (I've decided that I'm a Deadhead after all. Ack!!). Does anyone know 1) if they do, in fact, exist, and 2) if they do, where those past days' tracks might be now?

Like I say, I think that I am a newly-minted Deadhead. I remember seeing a bunch of their recordings on the Internet Archive somewhere, but at the time I didn't care for The Grateful Dead.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-04-2018 at 09:20 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:58 PM   #2150
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
(I've decided that I'm a Deadhead after all. Ack!!).
My condolences.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #2151
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just you wait, you'll get addicted one of these days. Oops, I suppose that "addicted" was a poor choice of words when talking about the Grateful Dead.

Anyway, despite the fact that none of the group have(had) good singing voices and they cannot(or did not) like to sing in sync, what do you have against them?

I must say that for live recordings, the sound of the quality of the music seems especially good. But, since I've just converted to being a Deadhead, I have not yet heard a studio album of theirs.

What I think that I like is the blues element in their songs. I don't care for pure blues, but when it is mixed with other genres, it makes for some excellent music (ever heard of Elvis Presley and his songs?).
Old 11-04-2018, 05:01 PM   #2152
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've missed two or three of the tracks, and would like to download them (I've decided that I'm a Deadhead after all. Ack!!). Does anyone know 1) if they do, in fact, exist, and 2) if they do, where those past days' tracks might be now?

Like I say, I think that I am a newly-minted Deadhead. I remember seeing a bunch of their recordings on the Internet Archive somewhere, but at the time, I didn't care for The Grateful Dead.
Scroll down to the bottom of the 30 Days of Dead page for links to the previous days.

Internet Archive has a ton of Grateful Dead concerts; look for soundboard recordings for the best quality.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #2153
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Scroll down to the bottom of the 30 Days of Dead page for links to the previous days.

Internet Archive has a ton of Grateful Dead concerts; look for soundboard recordings for the best quality.
Thank you. I love it when companies give you a second chance at grabbing deals that you may have missed earlier.

How would you characterize the type of music that the Grateful Dead produces(produced? I don't even know if they're still together)? It's definitely eclectic. I don't have a good "ear," but I hear blues, jazz, perhaps some funk. I even heard a riff that sounded a lot like bluegrass! They have a unique sound.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:28 AM   #2154
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you. I love it when companies give you a second chance at grabbing deals that you may have missed earlier.

How would you characterize the type of music that the Grateful Dead produces(produced? I don't even know if they're still together)? It's definitely eclectic. I don't have a good "ear," but I hear blues, jazz, perhaps some funk. I even heard a riff that sounded a lot like bluegrass! They have a unique sound.
I don't listen; I just download and burn CDs of the tracks for someone else.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:18 AM   #2155
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How would you characterize the type of music that the Grateful Dead produces(produced?
They're one of the original "jam bands". Kind of a mixture of everything...
Old 11-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #2156
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Free at Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...eluxe_Edition/
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #2157
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Fairy Tail: Season 1 (Part 1) and Attack On Titan: Season 1 (Part 1) are both FREE at Vudu.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...-Part-1/285194

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...-Part-1/560261
Old 11-07-2018, 06:38 PM   #2158
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Someone over at blu-ray.com is putting together a spreadsheet of all the BF movie deals and has made it available to the public. Just sharing the link here in case it's of interest to anyone (note, it's a work in progress).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Tikv8LPEE/edit
Old 11-07-2018, 09:16 PM   #2159
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Someone over at blu-ray.com is putting together a spreadsheet of all the BF movie deals and has made it available to the public. Just sharing the link here in case it's of interest to anyone (note, it's a work in progress).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Tikv8LPEE/edit
Cool. Thanks
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #2160
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon UK is selling region-free Blu Rays of the Twin Peaks Boxed set (original TV series plus "Fire: Walk With Me" movie). I logged in with my Amazon US account, and final price including shipping to Texas was under $17.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GRU59XE/
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere